Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-02-2013, 3:49 PM Reply   
I swear Im like a 10 year old with a Master Card. Its fun though..

So #1 son at 12 years old is getting a 130 Bill with Districts
#2 son at 10 years old gets new Slingshot bindings for his board plus 49er tickets at Tampa and a Kaepernick jersey.
#1 Daughter at 8 years old gets new golf clubs and whatever the wife throws down which will be substantial.

All three joint present is a Kawasaki KX 80 to compliment Ians two seater off road kart so all three can rotate and ride. The kart hauls ass and is fully suspended. I can fit both in my truck bed without a trailer.

They are good kids and Im having a good year.

So how bad are you spoiling your kids?
Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013 Location: Mineral, Va       12-02-2013, 4:18 PM Reply   
Best Christmas I can remember was getting a YZ 80 from my grandpa. It was used and a little beat up but it was awesome in my eyes.
Lucky kids. Their Christmas is going to rule.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-02-2013, 7:25 PM Reply   
This one is used and beat up too. They wont care a bit. i cant wait.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-04-2013, 12:38 PM Reply   
I swear my old XR 100 was indestructible.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       12-04-2013, 12:44 PM Reply   
i like how you rank your kids as #1 and #2
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-04-2013, 1:44 PM Reply   
My kids will have to suffice with a few small gifts again this year ... in addition to the trip to Mexico (Cancun or Vallarta or Cozumel) that we will be taking again in January or February. It's a deal we made a number of years ago where we agreed that experiences were more valuable than toys. They still want the trip more than a bunch of stuff each year. My kids have almost as many stamps in their passports as I do and they are 9 and 10.
Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013 Location: Mineral, Va       12-05-2013, 9:49 PM Reply   
Blair I bet if you could find your old XR100 it would still be running. My friend had one when I was young. I would be on my YZ 80 and would torch him. He would always try to keep up and end up crashing. We used to ride trails along a small river. One part of the trail was a fast section that went down through a gulley and then back out. If you hit it really fast you could launch pretty good coming out. Well he hit it one day way to fast. Not such good suspension on the little XR. He came unglued in the air, landed and flew out the back. His bike hooked left and went off a small cliff into the river. He was okay but when we looked over the edge the bike was completely submerged. We dragged it out and eventually got it back up on the trail. He got on and the thing started right up. He rode the rest of the day and it just kept on trucking.
Old     (RIDE_LAB)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-06-2013, 8:14 AM Reply   
This year my wife and I are not buying presents for each other or any family. Instead we are buying presents for the kids that are stick in the children's hospitals here in Chicago. We instructed our families to do the same when it came to getting us gifts. We don't need anything so why not make a difference in others life's.

Happy Holidays to all.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-06-2013, 10:36 AM Reply   
It bet it is too, Funny you said He submerged his. I got mine stuck in a creek one time try to ride through a part that was to deep and just kept gunning it to get it out (I was probably 10 and didn't know any better). Well I left it to go get help and when I came back it came loose from the mud and fell over and was completely under water. Pulled it out took the spark plug out and turned it over to let the water out. Put the plug back in and rode the rest of the day too.