Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-18-2013, 8:09 PM Reply   
My system will have 6 wetsounds xs-650's on a wetsounds ht6 amp, a pair of rev 10's powered by a syn 4. Does anyone have any suggestions for a subwoofer that would go well with this system?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-18-2013, 9:04 PM Reply   
If you want to stick with wetsounds, go with the XS-12 and a syn 2.
Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-18-2013, 9:10 PM Reply   
I don't have to go with wetsounds. I just want something that sounds good. I know that the xs-12 probly has quality sound but how hard does it hit?
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-18-2013, 9:55 PM Reply   
love my polk dxi 124 dvc peak handling 720. i power with alpine pdx-1.600m pushing 600w
Old     (jmanst15)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-18-2013, 11:22 PM Reply   
I have an Arc Audio KS12 powered with an Arc amp pushing only 400w and it RIPS! Its all about the box. Get a quality box matched to your subs specs and even with 400w it will rock the boat!
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       07-19-2013, 3:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camsquared211 View Post
My system will have 6 wetsounds xs-650's on a wetsounds ht6 amp, a pair of rev 10's powered by a syn 4. Does anyone have any suggestions for a subwoofer that would go well with this system?
How loud are you wanting it to be? Are you going to take the time to build a proper box? If so, any space limitations on how big the box can be?
Old    Axis22            07-19-2013, 3:32 AM Reply   
I love my sundown SA-12 it was only $120 and hits like you wouldn't Believe here is a Video

http://youtu.be/c8p73xMIwoQ
Old     (BradM07SS)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-19-2013, 4:26 AM Reply   
I run sundwon sa-12's in my boat and really like them for the price. Brand new you can get them for $180. They can take a 1000 watt rms all day long. Just be sure to run them in a ported or 4th order enclosure they don't do as good in sealed. There not a marine sub but I have had one mine in for 4 years and it still going.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-19-2013, 8:01 AM Reply   
What's a 4th order enclosure??

I was thinking about buying a Sundown and doing a sealed box since I'm not sure I can build a ported one right
Old     (BradM07SS)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-19-2013, 8:25 AM Reply   
4th order is basically a seal and ported enclosure combined with the woofer mounted inside the box. These sound great on a boat if you have the room.

The sa12 will work in a sealed enclosure and sound pretty good but there is better subs out there for sealed application.

Brad
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-19-2013, 10:01 AM Reply   
i forgot to say mean is in a sealed box.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-19-2013, 10:15 AM Reply   
I did a sa-12 in sealed box, rhino lined. Sounds great. Can't imagine wanting it louder
Old     (BradM07SS)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-19-2013, 11:31 AM Reply   
Mine is 4 sa12's ported enclosure tuned 35hz on a 3300 watt amp. It gets pretty loud.
Old     (MrPeepers)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-19-2013, 11:44 AM Reply   
This thread may as well be titled "What subwoofer do you own?".
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-19-2013, 12:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camsquared211 View Post
You are going to want something along the lines of a powerful 12-inch woofer to keep pace with and be in balance with a system of your description. Although two of the right 10-inch subs will have just as much output if not a tad more.
Then again, balance may not be what you are looking for.
The missing part of the equation is the boat. That is where you really need to begin in your woofer and enclosure selection and matching process. The sub location, orientation, loading method, and more will help you pick the optimum enclosure displacement which in turn will heavily dictate the right sub driver. This is the way to proceed and place the horse before the cart. I wouldn't want to buy a woofer and then retro that into a box and retro that into a boat. Too many compromises made along the way going that route.

David
Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-20-2013, 11:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e_m View Post
You are going to want something along the lines of a powerful 12-inch woofer to keep pace with and be in balance with a system of your description. Although two of the right 10-inch subs will have just as much output if not a tad more.
Then again, balance may not be what you are looking for.
The missing part of the equation is the boat. That is where you really need to begin in your woofer and enclosure selection and matching process. The sub location, orientation, loading method, and more will help you pick the optimum enclosure displacement which in turn will heavily dictate the right sub driver. This is the way to proceed and place the horse before the cart. I wouldn't want to buy a woofer and then retro that into a box and retro that into a boat. Too many compromises made along the way going that route.

David
Thank you David,
I am picking up my boat next week. Maybe a good start would be for me to take some pictures of the places I can install a subwoofer and then go from there. You're right, I wouldn't want to spend good money on a subwoofer and not have it perform like it should because of a poor fit.