Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-16-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
Getting ready to replace the material on my Moomba swim platform. I think I'm going with Hydroturf. I think the swim platform is 69" wide but the hydroturf comes in 62" wide sheets. If I cut it into three pieces will the 62" sheet work?
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-16-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
This is what I'm thinking

Upload
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-16-2008, 10:21 AM Reply   
I bought the 62" sheet for my Supra SSV and cut it just as pictured above. It worked out great.
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2008, 9:14 AM Reply   
For those of you that have put swim platform material on, what kind of adhesive are you using?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-19-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
The Traxx pad I sell (aka; Gator Grip in the jetski world) comes with a pre-applied pressure sensitive adhesive already on it. Just peel off the backing & put it down on a clean, dry surface. I will usually stack some weight on it for a few minutes/hours just to make sure it stays put.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-19-2008, 9:42 AM Reply   
Hydro-turf comes with or without 3M adhesive backing. I bought mine with the adhesive backing. It sticks like a charm and has not peeld up yet.
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-19-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
My gator grip had adhesive but only works well with fiberglass. I was lazy on through my pad over my teak platform using gorilla glue. Havent had any issues and people are slipping on the platform anymore