Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-07-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
was looking at either getting this board or a gator gonzales, any comments on either or?

Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-07-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
I have rode both... I liked the Demented, and I hated the Ricky G.

I love the Natural and Player even more, though :-)

I rode the Ricky G 2 years ago, so I couldn't give you details of what I didn't like. All I remember is tossing the handle and saying "give me back my setup".
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-07-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
I have ridden both. I thought both were okay. Both had their ups and downs.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-07-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
Demented is probably my 2nd fav. board and from what I hear the natural might be my next demo.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-08-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
The Demented was my favorite board of all time. I broke like 20 of them in testing so I stopped riding them. I hear they have worked al of the manufacturing stuff out and the boards are super strong now and still very light. This board is fast, and launches off the wake. I definatley recommend getting on it.
Old     (steve2u)      Join Date: May 2006       06-08-2006, 8:00 AM Reply   
Are most of the O'Brien boards lighter than the competition?
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-08-2006, 9:29 PM Reply   
Sounds like the right board for myself.. Im going to demo it this weekend and pick it up if I like it
Old     (wellsrts)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-09-2006, 6:17 AM Reply   
the demented is the best board out there.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-09-2006, 10:28 AM Reply   
Steve,

I don't know how much lighter an O'Brien board is compared to others, but to me O'Brien boards seem to be more refined then some other manufacturers boards. Those manufacturers boards seem kinda bulky, and thick to me. It's not really a weight thing, but more of a overall impression of the mass of the board.

Of course, if you can't compare them side by side it's kinda hard to notice the difference.

Hope you get the chance to ride some O'Brien stuff soon!

Isaac,

The Demented is sweet. It's the board I rode before I switched over to the Natural. Let us know what you think.

Later,
jjakober

(Message edited by jjakober on June 09, 2006)

(Message edited by jjakober on June 09, 2006)
Old     (steve2u)      Join Date: May 2006       06-09-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
The O'Brien's do appear to have a lot of R&D behind them, that's why I'm surprised they aren't more popular. I have a vendor checking with his rep to see if he can get me a demo.

I know what you mean about appearance - I can't seem to put a good swing on an golf club that looks bulky or unorthodox at address.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-09-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
I have two friends with Obrien boards. They are very well made and are pretty light compared to some boards. Definately lighter then Hyperlite boards, but what board isnt?
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-09-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
lol Leo, agreed.

My Natural is super light... but the Argons do weigh a lot, so it evens out.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-10-2006, 3:00 PM Reply   
Ive had my Demented for 2 seasons now-no plans for a new one-its that nice