Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-02-2005, 10:08 PM Reply   
Any one got them? Looking into some new racks, any input on them would be great. Any other suggestions would help. Had the Pro Flights and they pretty much sucked, they would leave nicks in the side of the boards.

Thanks
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-02-2005, 11:25 PM Reply   
You might want to try the Diablo racks from gethighsports.net. They have a "no edge ding" feature as well as a surfboard add-on which lets you carry a surfboard without having to buy a special rack. They fit every wakeboard, wakeskate and wake surfer I've put in them and have a more "vertical" loading angle which makes it easier to get boards in and out. They hold up really well even in heavy chop (like today in the stockton deep water channel) The only real complaint I have is that they are not as quick disconnect as my monster racks. My orginal monster racks dinged up my absolute and were extremely tight on LF & HL boards however.

On another note, Monster as usual listened to it's customers and have redesigned their racks this year with thicker rubber for edge protection, ability to fit thicker boards and adjustable width forks for narrow stance or children's boards.

You can see the original monsters and the Diablo racks in my profile.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-03-2005, 10:58 PM Reply   
I have the monster board racks (earlier design). I liked them so much that I kept them for my new boat. The quick disconnect feature is awesome since I leave my boat outside. I just pop the racks off and stow them in a locking compartment.