Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (jrudd)      Join Date: May 2002       08-25-2003, 12:58 PM Reply   
What I am about to share is my only experience with TSR. TSR may be a good company but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on things you may want to check on before ever heading down there.

My friends and I made plans to head down to the Guadalupe on Friday and my roommate and I talked everyone into going down a day early, Thursday, so we could ride the cable. When I started to make plans I called and checked the internet and made the decision to ride Thursday night starting at 9 until 12. We got there around 8:30 with the intention of paying, signing wavers, and being on the dock to start as soon as they reopened. They charge $23 for the whole night so we wanted to ride as much as possible. Just before 9 they tell us that they are only going to open if there are at least 7 people to ride. At this point there are only 2 of us. I try to tell 2 different employees that we have driven 4 hours to be there and would have rethought the whole process had we of been told that there were conditions to them opening at night. Both of the employees, the pro-shop manager being one of them, tell me that the decision was made that day and there was nothing they could do about it. They also tell me there is a major lack of communication through the whole company and no one ever knows what’s going on. With the way I was treated I still have a hard time believing I was actually talking to the pro-shop manager. But that’s what he claimed. For me the most aggravating thing at the time was the total disregard to the fact that I was a paying customer who drove 4 hours and was getting a hotel room just to ride that night, at a scheduled time they claimed to be open. I have worked retail for a long time and as a manager or someone with common sense you step up and make a decision to do what is best for the company. Not one of the employees was willing to do this. By the time they had enough people to ride it was around 9:30 and we decided it wouldn’t be worth the $23 to only ride for a little over 2 hours, again no decision to do a price break due to them not opening at the posted and scheduled time.

Another disturbing thing I saw just before I left was the “manager” being a complete jerk to a member of the ranch and making him pay full price because that’s what his computer said. For those of you that are unfamiliar with how they do things, they have memberships that give people who have them a price break. The member tried to show him paperwork with the discounted rate but the only thing he said was I am going to do what my computer says.

I did speak with one of the owner’s, Jeremy, he was extremely nice and seemed to genuinely care and be interested in my issues. Not that I would expect anything else, but he did seem to agree with me that they should have opened. He told me to expect a call from him by 5 last Friday with a response to why everything went the way it did, I have not heard from him yet but I hope to soon. He really did seem to be on top of things, so I am surprised he hasn’t called yet.

Sorry for such a long post I just wanted to make sure that I covered everything. Just be sure and get all the details several times over before you ever head down there. Like I said earlier there seems to be an extreme communication break down in the company so try and make sure you have all the information before heading down.