Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-30-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
click the add and read the first line. i think thats a really bold opinion and personally i don't agree but each to his/her own. what do you guys think.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/557216911.html
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-30-2008, 6:40 PM Reply   
Just someone trying to sell a boat. Whether its true or not...I guess the prospective buyers can decide that for themselves.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-30-2008, 6:50 PM Reply   
Tige is a drier boat and does handle well. However, an Xstar is an Xstar, meaning the wake is one of the best and bling factor is second to none.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-30-2008, 6:51 PM Reply   
I saw that yesterday and said the same thing. Do you think that dealership says that to everyone that they are trying to sell a boat to?
Old    murphy8166            01-30-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
I think this thread is a waste of time and that's my opinion and I really don't care what any of you think. :-)
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-30-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
i think that the boat itself is absolutely comparable to the xstar. both are great boats, styling, interior and quality are about equal for both. as far as the wake goes i think that its like comparing hydroslide wakeboards to hyperlite boards.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-30-2008, 7:21 PM Reply   
murphy, wow a useless comment from a stealth poster. you are a waste of time, kook.
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-30-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
I think that zane's u tube ads said it best..
Old     (x45er)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-30-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
Uh Oh!!!! You brought up the video. Here it goes again.
Old     (gitair77)      Join Date: Sep 2001       01-31-2008, 7:23 AM Reply   
This dealership is horible. I have called and stopped by on diferent days and times. Its allways closed. They didnt represent at thte local boat show and care nothing for Tige" warrenty. No boat wars please, but Tri Valley Marine doesnt deserve anyones buisness.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-31-2008, 7:26 AM Reply   
some dealers don't get it. bashing other products does nothing for yours. how do these guys stay in biz?
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-31-2008, 7:29 AM Reply   
Bryan,

It was meant to be a joke since everyone has been trying to one up eachother on boats. Sorry you took this as personal attack.

BTW: your post topic should say "is this statement too bold"

(Message edited by Murphy_Smith on January 31, 2008)
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-31-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
no worries and im sorry to, and thanks for the grammer update i thought about double O, figured i had a 50/50 shot at it, lol. lates bryan
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-31-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
They want that boat to be an X-star so bad they can't stand it. This is just another example.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-31-2008, 8:56 AM Reply   
My take on this for what it's worth and it's just my opinion. I personally don't see any bashing, just an opinion from the dealer that the RZ2 is comparable and less money to the X-Star. It's called marketing and they all do it. I've been by there twice and driven by a few times and they were open during normal business hours. They didn't represent at the boat show because the promoters charged $10K per vendor to display, so they advertised passing the savings on to the consumer if you purchased a boat during the show run. I'm not saying i agree with the strategy, just what they stated. I did talk with a couple vendors that stated 10K was way to much to pay for space though.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-31-2008, 10:50 AM Reply   
Bryan,

Again seriously? It is I'm sorry TOO. Just kidding. But seriously, that statement is way TOO bold.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-31-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
It totally depends on how the person is going to use the boat, if they are in to family fun time then the tige is probably at least as good as the X-star in the wake department, IMO the x-star has the best wake in the industry but only if you are a serious rider and are prepared to weight that boat heavy. With no or factory ballast the RZ2's wake is probably bigger and more vertical which beginner riders tend to prefer.
Old     (03_35th)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-31-2008, 3:01 PM Reply   
Everyone has an opinion on which boat is better...

You can pick almost any thread on this forum and see that...
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-31-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
Who cares, they both throw a fully rideable wake... and they look equally horrible.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-31-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
mistake for them not to display at the pleasanton boat show. yes its expensive, but space is sold per sq./ft . they didnt have to use up 10K worth of space. there were a few watersport boats that did not have represeantion there tige, sfvara, gekko and i think that hurts everyone involved. attendees don't get to see alot and the word spreads that the show was small.

(Message edited by rodltg2 on January 31, 2008)
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-01-2008, 11:41 PM Reply   
as for the add i dont see in bashing in it at all. everything it says is true. and yes boat show pricing as gone over the deep end and you will find that alot of dealers are taking the same approach. either down size there booth or cut back on the numbers of shows.i would rather sell ten boats and be able to give each customer a 1000 bucks off than pay 10k to a boat show.

(Message edited by kko13 on February 01, 2008)