Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (huskykr)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-21-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
Any comments on these towers, good or bad.

I'm considering adding one to my MB. Specifically interested in the T4.

http://www.barewest.com/
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-21-2007, 10:16 AM Reply   
no comment other than on the appearance -- i do not like -- check out monster towers or new dimensions...
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-21-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
For that price I would go with a New Dimensions tower
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-21-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
Haven't seen that particular model, but have used their T5 & T6 towers a few times. Not the sturdiest, but not the bounciest tower either. The T6 didn't have any hiem joints on the feet which could make them a bit hard on boat fiberglass as the tower flexes. I'm not crazy about any tower feet on the sides of the hull either, easy target to hit on a dock or another boat when your rafted up.

Isn't Boss the OEM for MB?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-21-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
i would say thats a tad pricey for what you're getting, it might be sturdy but looks like a stock tower from 2000 or before... look like the old old FCT...like I have, and just not to stylish
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-21-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
i have had a barewest tower and given it was years ago, but i was not overly impressed. i think there are much better towers on the market for less money....
try to get people to post pics of MB's with different tower set ups.... i assume you are in the northwest if you are looking at barewest. have you looked as samson sports. little pricey, but good company and they will probably work a deal in the off season. monster tower is always a good choice...
Old     (titanwake)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-21-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
Is New Dimension building towers for MB now? Last time I checked they weren't, but I could be wrong.

Check out Titan's Series I tower. It's custom made, specifically for your boat, and is right in between the T2 and T4 in terms of price. You're saving some coin and will get an incredibly solid tower that is easily to collapse for storage, and has an unlimited supply of accessories available.

Upload

Jason
www.titanwake.com
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       11-21-2007, 10:41 PM Reply   
I have a Bare west T-5w which is about the same thing but w/ cross braces. Its a little shakey w/ the fusion t-series. It is a decent tower but for the money and knowing what I know now I would have gone with something a little different. I really don't like the way they mount to the boat. Can't go wrong with Sampson or Titan. I believe sampson has some new stuff out, you might want to look into. Hope this helps.
Upload
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-22-2007, 10:16 AM Reply   
Hey ken, I put a pro flight tower on our boat. Great service there and there in Modesto is your in the bay area. Check my profile pic to see it! Good luck with your choice!
Old     (huskykr)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-26-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone for the responses. I think you've saved me from a purchase that I would ultimately regret.

New Dimensions does not make a tower for my boat. They did offer to build one for me if I could leave the boat with them for a week. Not really an option, since I'm on the west coast and they're in Tennessee.

Currently considering both Samson and Titan. How's the installation on these towers? Is this something I should tackle or is it better left to the pros?

Hey Air Junky – Noticed your profile lists you on Liberty Lake now. I'm out on Sammamish pretty much every weekend in the fall and we miss seeing the Sky Ski acrobatics!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-26-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
Hey Ken,
Yea, moved away from Redmond to the Spokane/Coeur d'Alene area about 3 yrs ago. The scene at Sammamish is about the only thing I miss. Of the 10 or 12 of us who lived in the area, only like 2 guys are left.

As for the Samson or Titan, I'd definitely go with the Titan. It's kind of funky lookin by itself, but it's by far the sturdiest tower under the sun, especially important if your going to load it up with gear, speakers, etc.

Good luck!
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-26-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
I would say go with the Sampson if you are in the Northwest. I had one of there towers on my last boat. They are great towers. But hands down the customer service was by far the best.

Call Scott at Sampson. He is a great guy and is very hands on with all of his products.

http://www.samsonsports.com/contact.html
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-26-2007, 6:16 PM Reply   
i will second scott's great personal service...
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-26-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
Thats why their swivel racks suck so bad.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-26-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
And you have had that Malibu for how long now? Nice boat by the way. It was buddy of ours who owned it previous. Its been very well cared for.

I dont disagree that the Titan towers are a great tower. But they are a little overprices for an aftermarket tower. If you are absorbing the cost into a new boat purchase they are a little easier to swallow.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-26-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
Yep, I've had this Malibu for all of a month & 7 hours of use. But I have over 14 years of riding experience behind a ton of boats & towers. Including a Shasta trip this summer where a Samson foil swivel rack failed & caused the ski to swing around & put nice axe mark in the side of a Mastercraft. Ask Scott about that one sometime.

Also have a friend north of here who had a Samson that had two different failures, even though it never had any speakers or foils mounted to it. Scott took care of that one, but it took a lot of effort by the boat owner.
Old     (titanwake)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-27-2007, 10:27 AM Reply   
With a friend to help out, you should be able to install either tower in an afternoon. In generalized terms, here is the installation process:

1. Mask the deck of the boat in the area where the tower feet will be installed to prevent damage.
2. Assemble tower hardware and lift on to boat for a test fit.
3. Mark location for each tower foot and remove tower.
4. Drill gelcoat with bit running in reverse, then drill through fiberglass and chamfer each hole to prevent spider cracks.
5. Lift tower on to boat again and install hardware.

If you decide to go with a Titan tower, we will be happy to walk you through the install process and answer any questions we can.

Jason
www.titanwake.com