Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-18-2013, 6:42 PM Reply   
World Record Tow on Saturday in Wisconsin Rapids. One 900 h.p. boat, 60 skiers. Amazing!

Video: http://youtu.be/pfVLOt_nyuo
Attached Images

Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-18-2013, 7:17 PM Reply   
Wonder if they pre-stacked. Must have...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-19-2013, 6:51 AM Reply   
Nope, they all climbed... I would think pre-fabbing it would be too hard with that many, the start would be too slow.

.... I ski'd / wakeboarded for the show team that hosts this every year a long time ago. I grew up/went to high school in Wisconsin Rapids.... the craziest part is the lake they did it on is smaaaaaaall.

Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-19-2013, 8:33 AM Reply   
Wow that was sick view and amazingly quick stack!
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-19-2013, 8:55 AM Reply   
Very cool. That's a LOT of money in tow ropes!
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-19-2013, 9:42 AM Reply   
ha I love how the film boat was dumping rollers into the riders
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-19-2013, 9:50 AM Reply   
dang....
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-19-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
That is pretty cool!
Old     (onthecreek)      Join Date: Apr 2013       09-19-2013, 10:27 AM Reply   
those chicks have pretty big balls for climbing up and down at speed. a wipeout from the top tier wouldn't be graceful.

some of the climbers must have dropped their skis?
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-19-2013, 11:24 AM Reply   
This begs the question. If one is not in contact with the water, or a ski, are they really a "skiier"
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-19-2013, 11:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
some of the climbers must have dropped their skis?
Yeah, you can see at least one of the girls drop skis then start the climb in the go-pro video
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-19-2013, 6:56 PM Reply   
Here's a video about last year's World Record tow:
http://youtu.be/dbGhKCpJNzs

And a video showing the Min-Aqua Bats DynaSki popping wheelies up in Minocqua, WI:
http://youtu.be/hSufUWimFHM
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-20-2013, 7:12 AM Reply   
this happened at Wisco state this year
Barefooting behind a plane -
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-20-2013, 1:06 PM Reply   
I am on The Min-Aqua Bat waterski team. (the boat wheelie vid) We now have twin 250 etecs and our driver can do the wheelies even better. Most teams run lots of weight up front to keep the bow down when pulling large acts. We only have the gas tank up there and never fill the tank all the way up. We are looking into plumbing in a ballast system to the bow to help with bow rise on big pyramids. Even with 20 people behind the boat it really doesnt lift much.
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-21-2013, 3:44 AM Reply   
Cool plane pic. It reminded me of a photo of Mike Seipel barefooting behind a helicopter that Mike has on the wall at Barefoot International/Fly High in Milwaukee. I looked for a video of it and couldn't find it, but I did find this. He is amazing.

Mike Seipel, best barefooter, ever: http://youtu.be/scGVcdavkHU
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-23-2013, 10:46 AM Reply   
That was really cool. What a line management nightmare. What happens when the person on the top falls forward?
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-24-2013, 10:47 AM Reply   
On another video, they say that they had over a mile of line out there.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-24-2013, 11:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
What happens when the person on the top falls forward?
They cover their head and hope for the best
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-24-2013, 4:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeski View Post
On another video, they say that they had over a mile of line out there.
Believable. Ropes look longer than 75... if they all were 75 that'd be 4500...
Old     (Luke91)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-24-2013, 9:12 PM Reply   
That's my girlfriends gopro! Im so proud of her and everyone!

She says, "We also tried to go for 70 skiers behind the Badgerland water ski show teams 900 horsepower boat but weren't able to this day. That will be next years attempt.
Falling out the front: You try your best to never fall out of the front. you're always leaning back so it doesn't happen often that someone falls forward but when they do, it is pretty scary and generally there's an injury...
Pre-fab: These pyramids would never be pre fabricated because those starts are extremely difficult and dangerous. Also, a four high pre fab has never been done so to make 5 all next to each other would be next to impossible.
Ropes: there was def more than a mile of rope because the trunks we used to connect all of the individual ropes was a 100 yards, times 5 trunks plus 60 individual ropes.
Dropping skis: There were 5 teams here, each with their own four high pyramid. My team, Badgerland, had the only girl that started on skis. This is a preference thing and is more work for the girl so usually they choose to start on top of a guy instead of skis.

Thanks to Evinrude for sponsoring this world record attempt and supplying us with the amazing triple 300 motors!"