Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-20-2012, 12:00 PM Reply   
I am looking for any experiences with a Ranger Rover Sport non supercharged ('07 - '08). I am thinking about buying one for an everyday vehicle. I found an 08 with 33k miles asking $34k. It seems like a pretty decent deal. Does anyone know of any problems they have? Any super high maintenance items I am not thinking about? I doubt I would need to tow with it, but if I did it would only be for about 1 mile. I might need to tow once....maybe, so towing isn't a major concern. Any help or experiences with them will help. Thanks.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       01-20-2012, 12:11 PM Reply   
I have an 05 Range Rover. Most of the issues seem to be electrical in nature. You just need to make sure you have a very strong battery. There are some great Range Rover forums. I'd check out http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/ tons of info over there.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-20-2012, 12:28 PM Reply   
They've been discussed hear many times. From what I recall, the RR's seem to have a lot of problems. I have no first hand experience though.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-20-2012, 12:50 PM Reply   
My girlfriend has a good friend who is a tech at a Range Rover dealer and my buddy has one as a winter/tow vehicle. Based on everything they have said, I would buy anything else before even considering one. If you have some mechanical skills and love to tinker though, it might be a great thing to keep you busy.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-20-2012, 1:06 PM Reply   
Let a rover owner chime in and i know alot about the sports, driven alot of them and have friends with them. The LR3 which is what i have, is the same everything minus the back half truck space.

I have owned mine for 3 yrs, drive 34k miles a yr, take it off roading and haul boats.

That is a good deal for $34k.

Bushings, tire wear (it does way over 3tons), suspension/electronics what i call gremlins do happen.

If its taken care of properly and maintained properly they can be great vehicles!! But they do have costly repairs when something does go out. Fortunately I have 2 dealerships that do great work and dont bs me but then again I do all my own brake jobs, tire rotations, fluid changes.

Dont buy a rover though if you cant justify $130 oil changes, $600 repair here and there. I you cant do brakes yourself it will cost ya $1200 at a stealership unless you find an indy guy.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-20-2012, 1:20 PM Reply   
Bruizza, thanks for the site. It is definately an enthusiast site, and while there seems to be great info there, it also may be a little biased (as expected). I apprecaite the tip though....

LR3, that is the stuff I am worried about. The $600 here and $130 there and on and on. I know they are good running and very capable vehicles, but the little stuff was what I was worried about. I was originally looking at the new jeeps and found that RR that seemed to be a good deal. I think I might go back to looking at the jeeps.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-20-2012, 1:36 PM Reply   
$5k more gets you a pretty much top of the line Grand Cherokee (love this interior btw)...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/12-JE...ht_13556wt_825
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-20-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
I like the tan interior of the overlands too, but only with a Mineral Grey exterior. I usually go for white on black and prefer the V8 if I am going to buy a gasoline jeep. I have been trying to wait for the crd jeeps, but it looks like that might be a few more months. I am starting to think I need something sooner. I found a black on black new limited with the V8 for 37k.

Thanks everyone for the info on the RR's. I think I am going to go a different direction.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       01-20-2012, 1:57 PM Reply   
I bought an extended warranty with mine. I don't think I'd ever own a range without a warranty. Also if you get a range you have to stay up on routine maintenance.

Last edited by bruizza; 01-20-2012 at 2:07 PM. Reason: Effing iPad.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-20-2012, 2:36 PM Reply   
Yes on the extended warranty

If ur looking for jeeps and stumbled upon the Rover, then Id say stay focused on the jeep. Totally different level of price of everything, cant just go to a normal parts store and buy parts for these things.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-20-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
I was in your exact position last month... sold my BMW 335i in favor of a nice SUV that can work as a backup tow vehicle. I wanted to keep the price under $40K, and I love RR Sports. But I have a few buddies with them and they all warned me to stay away (money pit).

So I went with a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 with 5.7L V8 Hemi. It's AWESOME! Way nicer inside than my BMW. And I love the size, utility, and tow power. It even has air suspension at all four (4) corners. It works for load leveling the trailer, or I can raise/lower the entire vehicle up to 4 inches!

MSRP: $43K. I paid $38K.

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       01-20-2012, 2:41 PM Reply   
Gas guzzler
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-20-2012, 2:56 PM Reply   
^^^ What's you point? That the RR Sport is somehow a gas sipper as compared to the JGC? You know of any other V8 powered tow vehicles that are not gas guzzlers?

Besides... who really cares? I stopped worrying about mpg's a long time ago. Unless I'm willing to drive a Civic or Prius (and I'm not), then it's barely even worth counting the difference between the stuff I'm willing to drive.

For the record, I'm getting 17 mpg mixed with the new Jeep... 20 on the highway. All this with regular gas. My BMW 3-series got 21.5 with premium. So I don't see a big difference in my pocketbook.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-20-2012, 3:12 PM Reply   
i have 2 friends that have had current rr sports, one was supercharged on was not, I also sold bmw and rr for a very short time 10yrs ago, but they are better now than then. FWIW stay away from them unless you are totally sold on the looks, they are expensive to fix, hard to sell, have one of the lowest trade values and are terrible for mpg. i understand mpg is not an issue, but it is when the general market looks at mpg as a selling point. I love the ride, but my buddies have had nothing but problems, Funny thing, every time they go in for repair, then give them a bmw for a loaner. any full time awd will eat tires and kill mpg, i would guess you will get 11 to 12 at best. good luck
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-20-2012, 3:14 PM Reply   
The Range Rover Sport is the sexiest SUV on the market in my opinion. Consumer Reports rated them at the bottom (or very near the bottom) of reliability across all manufacturers. No personal experience but my buddy manages the Seattle Sales Floor and they move a ton of them.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       01-20-2012, 3:24 PM Reply   
i meant the RR is a gas guzzler
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       01-20-2012, 3:27 PM Reply   
if u buy the RR - you just bought yourself an oil puddle on your driveway, and a fix-it ticket for a non functioning brake light.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-20-2012, 3:29 PM Reply   
rr sports are the sharpest ride, everytime is see one, i want one, lol. I just bought a f150 ecoboost and am getting 20mpg average and sometime 22 to 23 solid on the hi way. Lov it , i had a tahoe before, multiple rides before that and like having a tow vehicle as well as a day to day driver. If you tow alot like i do check out the ecoboost.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       01-20-2012, 3:31 PM Reply   
I get significantly better mpg in my RR compared to the Yukon Denali XL I traded in on it. I also get better mpg than the avalanche I traded on the Yukon. I have averaged 15.5mpg city since the day I bought it. Gets close to 20 on the HWY. That has been one of the nicest parts about owning it.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-20-2012, 3:35 PM Reply   
15 to 20 rocks, i live in pittsburgh, lots of hills, very little straight, flat hi way, maybe the newer rr's are more efficient. 20 hwy on a full time awd is remarkable. at the dealer back when i sold cars, they were always 11 12, average
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       01-20-2012, 3:39 PM Reply   
My RR has the same engine and transmission as the BMW X5.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-20-2012, 3:46 PM Reply   
I think if you buy a Rover you are automatically qualified to star in the next "Real Housewives of ..."

I toyed with buying one 2 years ago because the wife wanted one, but got consistent advice to avoid them.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-20-2012, 5:08 PM Reply   
First...I understand everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I too get the same gas mileage as i did on my '08 Denali, I dont regret a bit trading that in on this. Audis r always in the shop too, to each its own. I decided not to buy a Cayenne bc of maintenance costs and issues so I understand. Trust me I still hear it from my family who all retired from GM and have neer had anything but GM products lol

Id say stick with a Jeep in your case.

But i actually off road my rover, so i wouldnt classify as a Housewife of .... Lol

Guess I should stop looking at the e90 M3 because it a gas guzzler too same frickin as mileage.

Sure there are horror stories about the issues with these vehicles, Im actually glad people are scared to own them. Means less you see of them like my car on the road.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-20-2012, 7:36 PM Reply   
ixfe...that is a nice looking jeep. I really like the mineral grey.

Does anyone have an idea when the CRD jeeps will be out? It is what I have been holding out for. I know they said 2013, but if its a 2013 model year, it should be out sometime around September.

LR3, thanks for the info. I love the way the RRs look and drive but I think I am going to keep looking at jeeps.

I guess I toyed with the idea of a RR for about 24 hours, and that will be that.

As usual, you can come to WW for just about anything.
Old     (Vxmine)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-21-2012, 6:01 AM Reply   
I have a 2008 LR3 and I love the vehicle. It has been in the shop about 4 times for routine maintenance items that were all covered under warranty. A poster above mentioned brakes, tires, bushings etc and they are exactly right.

These vehicles eat up "consumable" parts, but remember, at it's core, it is a serious off road vehicle, with on road amenities thrown on top. It's hard to compare it to the vast majority of vehicles in its class because other vehicle think street first, off road second.

My .02.

James
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-21-2012, 10:16 AM Reply   
I'm sure the vast majority of Land Rover drivers use them for off-road first. Jeep knows a thing or two about off-road as well
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-23-2012, 8:40 AM Reply   
I looked at them hard compared to the escalde last year. Performance wise the escalde beats the non supercharged hands down...veyr comparable to the supercharged version. Interior wins on the RR. the biggesst thi to realize is your buying a used foreign vehicle that initially costs 70-80k.Service/maint costs are very high. FWIW I ended up the escalade. ultimately, for me, cost of ownership was a concern. For the most part , I bought an overpriced tahoe.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-24-2012, 8:09 PM Reply   
I am unclear why the L3 is a better offroad vehicle than the G. Cherokee mentioned. Both are very comfortable, luxurious SUVs, neither are capable off road vehicles w/ out extensive modification.
Old     (hdchapman)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-24-2012, 8:33 PM Reply   
I have had an 08 RRS for two years and love it. I have several friends that have them and none of us have had any issues. It is one of the best driving and handling cars on the road. I think the reputation of them not being reliable is overated and old news. Get it you will not be sorry!

Last edited by hdchapman; 01-24-2012 at 8:37 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-25-2012, 2:58 AM Reply   
There is a reason Range Rovers depreciate so quickly.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-25-2012, 10:28 AM Reply   
Listen to the guys that have had RR's, not the guys that have "heard" things. If you're scared of maintenence, then you probably shouldn't buy one. It's an expensive vehicle with lot's of gizmos to potentially break.

I, too have a LR3. '08 that I bought with 15k on it. It's got 40k on it now and hasn't been in the shop for anything except a set of brakes, tires and oil changes. I sold my F250 PSD for the Rover. I'll keep it till it has problems, then probably buy a sport or a LR4.

Ours has been outstanding. It's comfortable, heavy (300lbs heavier than a escalade) and solid. It's very confidence inspiring in bad weather and I feel totally safe with my wife driving it. I like the AWD. Nothing to think about when it turns from rain to snow. Just keep cruising. It's cushy as would be expected (front/rear heated seats, rear air, fold flat 3rd row seats, excellent stereo.... etc).

The 4.4 motor isn't a power house, but with a 6 speed Auto it easily matches a 5.3 Tahoe with a 4 speed ( the truck I had before my F250). It also gets amazingly good mileage if you don't drive like a ass-hat. I'm getting just shy of 17mpg. 1 mpg better than I got with the diesel and about 4 better than my Tahoe for the same type of driving. The air suspension is also nice. Levels any load. Makes a small truck tow like a much bigger one. I've used mine for everything and the fold flat seating is key for being able to sleep in the back of it.

Now, for the extra 300lbs over a escalade.... Wouldn't most people wonder where that weight goes on a smaller vehicle? Put a LR3 in the air. The entire undercarriage is covered in skid plate. Not toy skid plate like most SUV's. Real skid plate. Thick stuff. Slide your truck over stuff skid plate. The piece that covers the front axle and transmission weighs over 30lbs. It's built like a real truck. The only thing I don't understand is why they didn't tuck the exhaust up higher where it goes under the rear axle. Seams like a weak spot in an otherwise well thought out off roader.

Anyway... I like ours. It fit our bill. I've towed our 23'LSV and a 22' Axis with it without any trouble, and it FITS IN OUR GARAGE!!! For me that was huge. No ice to scrape off the windshield in winter or leaves to clean out from under the hood in the fall. I guess it's the little things that make me happy. Ha, ha, ha.
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-27-2012, 7:04 PM Reply   
Name:  RRback.jpg
Views: 1945
Size:  52.8 KB

My fiance loves hers , it is her daily driver but she only works 5 minutes away We have not had any issues but it is under warranty and I will do the maintenance myself. I dont believe we will tow much if any with it though because we have my Dodge Cummins for that.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       01-28-2012, 3:03 PM Reply   
Can't speak personally but they're heavy, terrible MPG, short wheelbase, tiny engine, and I suspect $$$ to fix. Foreign junk so far as I'm concerned. Don't plan on towing with it, small motor and short wheel base will not be fun. I know you said it's not a major concern, but think tail wagging the dog and can't get out of it's own way.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-28-2012, 3:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
Can't speak personally but they're heavy, terrible MPG, short wheelbase, tiny engine, and I suspect $$$ to fix. Foreign junk so far as I'm concerned. Don't plan on towing with it, small motor and short wheel base will not be fun. I know you said it's not a major concern, but think tail wagging the dog and can't get out of it's own way.
Ur right...5.0L V8 375 base hp/375 torque or 510hp/461 torque is not enough lol. Any truck or suv u tow with is going to have terrible gad mileage. Hell my dad gets 13mpg on his 10' Sierra.

And to add, my rover tows a 23' malibu fine through smoky mountains.

Unless u own one, u have no idea
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-28-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
Well he's right that a short wheelbase is not ideal for towing. It's wind/sway that will be more of an issue than weight/hills. Having said that, a 23' boat should not be a tough haul for that kind of SUV. They are known to be slow, but that's because of the weight - those things are SOLID. They are beautiful, but I couldn't stomach the fill-up costs.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-29-2012, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Unless you help your buddy constantly fix his, or you have had numerous discussions with a friend who is the service manager at a Rover dealer...
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-30-2012, 12:25 PM Reply   
Never ask a service manager or mechanic what they think of a vehicle. I spend my life working on BMW's, Mercedes and Audi's. What do you think my opinion is of them since the only ones I see are broken?

I talk a lot of trash about those vehicles, but at the end of the day I work on what I choose to drive. It's generally a BMW or Audi for me. The Rover doesn't seem to be any better or worse.

I will admit that the LR3 is a bit small for towing a 23' boat. It's not optimal, but it gets the job done. Outside the US these things are the only thing there is to tow with. Nobody else gets 1/2 and 3/4 ton pick up's to tow with. We're just spoiled here. The rest of the world uses cars and small SUV's.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-30-2012, 1:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
Never ask a service manager or mechanic what they think of a vehicle. I spend my life working on BMW's, Mercedes and Audi's. What do you think my opinion is of them since the only ones I see are broken?

I talk a lot of trash about those vehicles, but at the end of the day I work on what I choose to drive. It's generally a BMW or Audi for me. The Rover doesn't seem to be any better or worse.

I will admit that the LR3 is a bit small for towing a 23' boat. It's not optimal, but it gets the job done. Outside the US these things are the only thing there is to tow with. Nobody else gets 1/2 and 3/4 ton pick up's to tow with. We're just spoiled here. The rest of the world uses cars and small SUV's.
Do you want to discount my friends truck that constantly needs repairs too? Or the multiple surveys and studies that find the reliability of Land Rover to be much worse than most other brands?
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-30-2012, 2:00 PM Reply   
The "rest" of the world doesn't know how to tow

A big over the tow rating....
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-30-2012, 5:21 PM Reply   
Im not here to knock other brands, the guy was comparing it to a jeep (both with a short wheelbase).

I had a 08' Denali before and as much time spent in my vehicle it was worth the upgrade to ME to switch to a rover.

Issues can be said of bmw, audis mercedes etc. i have close friends who are service advisors for bmw and complain about how many times they come in for repairs, but they dont care bc they still get paid for each service. Doesnt mean I wouldnt own one, I just know what to expect $$ wise.

People typically only speak up when they have problems and complain then.

All I was getting at was pointing out to the OP issues he may come across. To the guy who has a friend with one, sounds like he has a bad rover with more issues than Ive come across in my 115k miles.

If guys are content with trucks, jeeps, rovers etc for their hauling then so be it. In my case I tow in FL (no hills or anything), so it works in my case.

I almost bought a porsche cayenne after seeing my buddies GTS towing his wakesetter, that would have been my tow vehicle. Would have been sufficient for my needs. Doesnt mean it would fit everyone elses needs.

Just like brunette girls dont fit my norm, never tried them and prob never will. But Im not going to sit here and bash them without experiencing them first hand

Either way we could sit hear and piss on chevy vs ford vs toyota etc just like everyone does about their boat manufacturers. But at the end of the day we all have 1 thing in common and thats the love of water.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-30-2012, 6:13 PM Reply   
if you want an RR, get one, they are sharp cars. i think most do not realize what there issues are. i sold my 06 911s. i loved owning that car. its was a toy, it was not cheap to own, it came ot a point that it was not worth owning, so i sold it. i think many buy what they like,love etc etc but do not understand the issues with there choices and then regret it. thats why so many RR owners will never own again. its not realistic for the norm. just my opinion
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       01-31-2012, 11:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Ur right...5.0L V8 375 base hp/375 torque or 510hp/461 torque is not enough lol. Any truck or suv u tow with is going to have terrible gad mileage. Hell my dad gets 13mpg on his 10' Sierra.

And to add, my rover tows a 23' malibu fine through smoky mountains.

Didn't realize they had that much power. It's still not a lot on the base model, and service like of a tiny ~300 cube engine will not be long with that kind of power. I suspect this is not an issue as the type of people who buy these things use them for a few years and buy another new vehicle. Still, I'd be interested to see the HP and torque curves of those compared to a real engine such as a 454, 460, or any of the diesel choices in the past couple decades. Little engine have to rev high and work harder, to do the same work as a big engine with a nice flat torque curve from start to finish. Regardless, I am surprised at the numbers from that tiny engine.

Short wheel base is what it is though. Been there done that and it sucked.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       01-31-2012, 12:40 PM Reply   
For whatever it is worth the next gen RR that is coming out shortly has a v6 diesel option.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-31-2012, 3:57 PM Reply   
A friend has the diesel V8 Sport and tows his 2011 SAN 210 with it, LOVES IT.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-01-2012, 10:51 AM Reply   
Cory, that's apples to oranges. My Diesel Ford would tow circles around my Rover, but that's besides the point.

Small, efficient, high revving motors are the way of the future, right along with forced induction. Cubic inches are on their way out. What can be done with a turbo and direct injection is amazing. Torque peaks under 2k rpms. The high rev motors work well, too. New metallurgy and technology means that these motors hold up with the best of them. The BMW 4.4 V8's wont fail short of 150k. Everything on them will, but not the motor. They're amazingly solid and will rev all day long. The 4.4 in my Rover is much happier sitting above 4k rpms than my pushrod v8's in the past. I was a bit disappointed in that motor when I was going to the mountains until I realized I wasn't driving it right. It will try to stay at 1500rpm's on the freeway for economy. It's great until you get to the hills. Then it hunts for gears like crazy. If you drive it manually and keep it above 3k it has plenty of power. Now I'm totally happy with it, and it's getting better mileage.

Would I pick it solely as a tow vehicle? No way. Can it tow? Totally. For us it works, and it fits in our garage. Problem solved. Hopefully one day I'll get another pick-up. Then I'll use that to tow.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       02-01-2012, 2:05 PM Reply   
It's not a future I want any part of. I'll keep driving my old big block gassers. Yeah forced induction is great and improves power and efficiency, but it's not a great idea for a gas tow vehicle. Detonation becomes as issue particularly as load increases. Then you get into all sorts of extra complexity to control that, and all of it is reactive... not proactive. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned diesels, but even sticking to gas engines a big block is just plain superior when you get to talking about moving any significant amount of weight.

As for torque peaks, my 460 makes peak torque around 2k RPM, roughly 550 ft/lbs. Cruises happily at 70 MPH towing at 2000 RPM for 10.8+ MPG. If it wasn't lifted it'd do better. Yeah I have to downshift for another 500-1000 RPM on long/tall hills to maintain 70 without lugging. It'll happily turn 4000+ but won't go much more than 5600. That's a limitation of the cam though.

I initially had a bigger cam in it and while it made a lot more power it was a little soggy down low. Choices were to change to a more towing friendly cam or swap to 4.10:1 gears. I changed the cam to keep my highway RPM low. Regardless, with that higher revving cam I'd powershift at 6500 and smoke 38.5x15 tires on the 2-3 and 3-4 shift. I had people cry to me about how old big blocks won't turn high RPM or will blow. I've held it at 6500 for quite a while before shifting just to show the naysayers a 460 can happily turn 6500. That's on a stock Ford crank with stock truck rods. The crank will take a LOT more than I'm throwing at it but the rods won't. For higher RPM or truly sustained, some simple oiling system modifications are in order.

New stuff is neat for the gee whiz factor, but I'll stick with my old big blocks where I have a boatload of power from idle to redline, a proven record of reliability, and essntially the sky is the limit with power. Sure those new engines are putting some out decent HP numbers, which is cool, but they don't approach the big flat torque curves or simple reliability of real engines.

Really it comes down to what you personally want. I won't own a "me too" vehicle, and I certainly won't own a foreign vehicle... Heck it's embarrassing to be seen as a passenger in a foreign vehicle. For other people, it fits what they want and doesn't bother them. If you don't have to tow far or often, then maybe a SWB vehicle with a lower torque high revving engine is fine. Heck, people used to tow with their full size cars and I'd have no problem towing with mine.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2012, 2:18 PM Reply   
Its embarrassing to be seen in a foreign vehicle?!

Cory, what does that even mean? Most of the "foreign" vehicles are far more domestic than our "domestic" vehicles...
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       02-01-2012, 3:55 PM Reply   
All the profits go overseas. I'm not a subscriber of cheap junk from foreign countries. They take the profits and invest in their country while our economy crumbles.
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-01-2012, 4:00 PM Reply   
And here the profits go to the UAW which then donates to Obama and our economy crumbles....
Old     (hdchapman)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-01-2012, 10:43 PM Reply   
This thread has become a joke, most of the people bagging on them have never owned one or are haters and can't afford one.

I have owned cars and suv's from Acura, Jeep, Dodge, Chevy, Lincoln, Lexus and BMW to name a few and my RRS is by far the nicest driving and fun vehicle I have owned. It is rock solid, fast and has plenty of power and ut can tow my VLX with no problem. Comparing an RRS and Cherokee is like apples and oranges and there is no contest.

Do they get poor mileage? Yes, but all SUV's and trucks with a V-8 get poor mileage.
Are they expensive to service and repair? Yes, but this in the case for all luxury and/foreign vehicles.