Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (greenbass86)      Join Date: May 2010       08-07-2011, 7:58 AM Reply   
I am just kind of curious what sort of things you guys would you like to see for sale on wakeboarding sites and in the stores? What items do you not see enough of? What items do you think stores overstock themselves with?
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-09-2011, 9:36 AM Reply   
Very tough question. In reality your never going to please everyone and to each his own opinion, but when i worked at a shop i was blown away by the low number of comp vests that we carried. we also had too many handles. more specifially we had the wrong type. we carried a bunch of the carbon ones and HUGE straightline handle and i think i sold 2 all summer.
Old    jdgreen1            08-09-2011, 9:46 AM Reply   
Not sure I am answering your question properly, but right now I am waiting for the 2011 boards to go on sale (mainly Slingshot).
Old     (greenbass86)      Join Date: May 2010       08-09-2011, 11:08 AM Reply   
thanks for the responses so far, basically I just want to know what you would want to see in a shop or on a web site. If you made your own wakeboard shop what would be a must, and what would you try to avoid having?
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-09-2011, 11:27 AM Reply   
Independent brands like Company (well not so much anymore), Slingshot, Ronix, CTRL, Humanoid, Sine would be a must for me. Don't know what the availability for the last 3 is though. Also CIRE boardshorts. I was in florida for a week and couldn't find them anywhere but online and considering I was only there for a short time I couldn't get them ordered. Also there's none in Europe at all!
Old     (jps912)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-09-2011, 11:32 AM Reply   
If its in a store I would love to see more demo boards. Especially the ones listed above.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-12-2011, 10:02 AM Reply   
Not so much an item for sale but staff who care about the sport, who don't sell beginners Pro models, staff who ride themselves, who ask the right questions find find out what board is best for the customer.
I've seen a lot of people who just want to sell gear, I've seen 80' (shortest length) rope being sold to beginners, I've seen beginners sold boards that where years old, for high prices, sold boards that where much too small for them. I've even seen binding screws that had been hammered, that's right hammered! into a board.

Independent brands would be great but the right staff is paramount in my opinion.
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-12-2011, 10:44 AM Reply   
Sell more lubeeeee
Old     (greenbass86)      Join Date: May 2010       08-13-2011, 10:06 AM Reply   
what about wet suits? I went to a store over the weekend and they had a lot of good stuff, but lacked a variety of wet suits. IS this a common thing to have little of in a store?