Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-24-2004, 7:27 PM Reply   
Hey !!
Anyone in the Temecula / San Diego area or surrounding areas!!

I have a membership to Vail Lake (Private)in Temecula , and am looking for riders to go out with this spring. I am a average rider who needs some people to go out riding. All of my weekend buddys work all day and I want to get out during the week some times.
I have a 2001 Supra Launch SSV Loaded. I dont mind driving down to San Vicente occasionally on Thursdays so any one in San Diego who can make it out there this spring and summer leave a post.

Any body interested leave a post and we can hook up soon after all this rain blows over.
Thanks
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-24-2004, 7:41 PM Reply   
I have a lot of days off during the mid week (any part of the week for that matter) and I am always looking for others to ride with. I have an '01 SAN and friends with other wakeboard boats so we can share water time. We ride year round at least 1 day a week, so let's hook up.

I though one could only get into/on Vail with a membership. Are you able to bring guests/non-members in with you? I have always wanted to ride at Vail. The closest I have even come to the lake is landing in the grass next to the pool to pick up a person with a diving injury (he hit the bottom and hurt his neck).

Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-24-2004, 7:57 PM Reply   
They have changed the rules out at Vail Lake and I can Bring anyone in with me now, as long as they fit in my car. There are no restrictions to non members other than they can not bring in there boats.
Where do you guys usually ride at?

I am very much average at wakeboarding. I am just getting back into it after 3 years off. I used to be able to do Tantrums and 360's and stuff but I have only been out 3-4 times in the last 3 years.
But i would like to hook up once the weather gets better.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-24-2004, 8:04 PM Reply   
Keep my email address when for when you start looking. I'd love to go back there. brian@aureus.com I rode there a couple of years ago a hand full of times. I still know someone with a membership but he doesn't go too often. Better hurry guys, enough people will discover this place and realize how good it is.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-24-2004, 8:26 PM Reply   
Hmm.. I don't work much during the week..
I like to ride on private lakes...
I may be able to teach you some stuff..

It sounds like a marriage to me!
Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-24-2004, 9:12 PM Reply   
Anytime ,,,,,,,,, my buddy has membership there and were allways looking for 3rds....his new 04 SAN in due in soon. I leave mine @ Martinez so we ride local and at river without towing.
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-24-2004, 9:27 PM Reply   
I usually ride at Elsinore, Perris, and Canyon lake (a friend lives there). Aside from the rain, the weather doesn't get any better. Time to ride when no-one else does.

We are planning on riding friday or saturday (when the rain stops).
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-25-2004, 2:52 AM Reply   
Erik, why wait for spring? We've been riding all winter at San V and Elsinore and it's been great. A fullsuit works just fine at least on those days when the sun is out.

As of right now I'm pretty much available any week day, and weekends when I'm not in Mammoth.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-25-2004, 7:37 AM Reply   
if people like you post stuff on private lakes like this on it will let pople like me know about private lakes that they never knew about that is not to far from their house. Thank you.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-25-2004, 8:54 AM Reply   
yea , but you still need a membership to get on it. good luck getting on,or through the gates
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       02-25-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
I'm down, I'd love to go. My email is scanaday@san.rr.com
Old     (prior40)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-25-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
hey erik, when you wanna go out email me and i'll dee if i can come rior40@aol.com">prior40@aol.com
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-25-2004, 2:00 PM Reply   
I will e-mail all who want to go for a possible outing next week.
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-25-2004, 5:04 PM Reply   
I just moved down in the socal area and need to wakeboard im use to going every weekend, e-mail me when your going. cali_rider469@yahoo}.com
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-25-2004, 6:15 PM Reply   
Whoever wants to go out please e-mail me at webbec@msn.com so I can file your e-mails and then I can e-mail you guys whenever Im going out.
Thanks
I will probably go out next week either tuesday or Thursday about 11am.
Old    kellywb            02-26-2004, 8:59 AM Reply   
They changed the rules???? Really that is GREAT! Is the lawsuit over? Is Brandon gone? This is great news! I have three people that I go with and we all have memberships. We have also been talking about re-installing the slalom course for those early mornings.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       02-26-2004, 10:50 AM Reply   
Hey bro.. My name is Joshua Shelton and I also ride weedays at Elsinore, mostly, and would be stoked on some new legs out on the water.. We could definetely rotate boats and have a hell of a time.. I dont know if you have been out lately, but when the rain isnt falling, the lake is glass.... Drop me a line anytime..

Josh
hbusc5@aol.com
Old    obsurfer            02-26-2004, 10:58 AM Reply   
Hello thursday is my day off and the surf is flat all summer so I'm free. If Dave Williams tells you I was bugged eyed the first time I went out on his boat well I've improved kinda. That was two years ago,I can handle a wake now really. Have fun this spring and summer Erik.
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-27-2004, 10:25 AM Reply   
I never work THURDSDAYS or FRIDAYS and can occationally get a Monday off here and there. I ride year round:-)

wakepaula@aol.com
Old    norcal_99            02-27-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
Erik, If you don't mind me asking, How does one aquire membership to Vail lake?

Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-27-2004, 12:48 PM Reply   
Rene,
You can usually pick one up from someone selling it because they dont use it anymore. They are liftime ownership agreements. If you live in SoCAl and esp. in Riverside or San Dieog you can ususally find them in the newspaper.. They usually run about $5K - $7K. They will be selling yearly memberships from what i hear for about $1500. They said they will start to advertise those about late March. Call vail lake and ask for Lou. I think the website is Vaillake.com
Old    kellywb            02-28-2004, 5:47 PM Reply   
Erik,

I just called Sundance and they said the lawsuit is still ongoing and the the guest rule has not changed. What have you heard?

Kelly
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-28-2004, 7:23 PM Reply   
Sundance lost the law suit.
The final details of the Lawsuit are not yet done but they lost. In fact from what i heard anybody who bought a membership through sundance after 1999 ( when they were not supposed to be selling them) might have problems with keeping the lifetime membership. But I think Vail will work something out with those people. Anyway I have been Taking friends out there for the past 2 months no problem. They might be a little more strict come the summer months but right now I have had no problem. The only problem now is the LOW water level at the Lake. Just pray for alot of rain this month so it will fill up. Vail Lake is also in a Lawsuit with the Water District because their agreement was that the water district has to keep a minimum water level in the Lake and it is obviously not being taken card of. I just wish someone could run this Lake with some passion. Maybe have a volunteer day out there and Fix up the Dock, Launch Ramps, Boat House. I just think this Lake could be a Gem if someone would take the time to take care of it.

Ill get off my soap box now.

Oh yea if you go out, use the far ramp . And becarefull backing out there are a few rocks there as well as a little sandbar to the right of you. They need about 5-10 feet of water and the place would be great.
Take care and we will see you out there this summer. Look for the Bright Yellow Supra SSV ( trust me you cant miss it!!! Yellow !!!! What was i thinking!!!!

Old    kellywb            02-28-2004, 9:53 PM Reply   
Hey Erik thanks for the info. We are going tomorrow. We might hit Elsinor instead we will see how it looks when we come over Ortega in the morning. I agree about the closer ramp. The water is low enough that it is good again. I have a Blue and Black Malibu. See you there!

Kelly
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-28-2004, 10:13 PM Reply   
Kelly,

I'm in Irvine. If you ever need a 3rd, let me know...I'll pitch in for gas, clean up, snacks/drinks, etc., etc.

Thanks!