Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       07-31-2012, 9:21 AM Reply   
I've not been a very good husband as my wife only has 1 board (2012 Ronix Quarter til Midnight) that she hauls to the cable park and also to the river to ride behind the boat. For at least 2-3 months now, she has been riding without fins behind the boat because I keep forgetting to put them on prior to heading out.

The first time, she was really skeptical and leary of riding without them and since I didn't want to go back to the house and get them and take the time to put them on I told her it would be fine and that it should actually help improve her riding. I remember in 'The Book' that riding without fins will help you with 'true edging' by not relying on the fins but rather more on the edge of the board.

We have only been riding for about a year but my wife has really gotten hooked. We are behind the boat just about every weekend and my wife has been trying to go to the cable park once a week or every two weeks.

She has progressed quite a bit in her riding and I think she's doing great but I'm worried that maybe she's gotten too comfortable with how loose her board is. I'm planning on putting the fins back on her board this weekend but I'm afraid she may catch an edge at some point, blame it on the fins and want them taken off for good.

I may try the wider .8" slider fins first so that it's not as dramatic. Any thoughts, comments? Do any of you or any pros ride behind the boat without fins?

Here's a really quick edit of her last run when we were out a couple weeks ago. The video sucks cause my 4yr old insisted that he hold the camera to record mommy!

http://vimeo.com/m/46644048