Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-31-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...id-convoy.html

Love to see what stance the US take here. Hamas got exactly what they wanted. Used a bunch of silly do gooders, peaceniks and tree huggers to do their dirty work (why aren't these people at work??). Organized by Turkey no less. Another towering symbol of freedom and justice. Hope we don't get caught up in the hysteria of Europe which is just a few short steps from being completely overtaken by moslem miiitants.The worlds hatred of Israel is on a par with how they feel about us.

By the way these are facts but the world doesn't want to see facts. It gets in the way of their hatred.

[B]"Israel has been transferring more than 15,000 real tons of aid to the Gaza Strip every week since the blockade began. That's more than a million tons since January 2009 – one for every man woman and child in Gaza.

Attack Israel.Go on,I dare you.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-31-2010, 9:17 PM Reply   
Well guess what, I guess Israel will be shown to be in the right when news agencies get a hold of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/idfnadesk

That is distinctly soldiers being attacked immediately after boarding the ship. Use all the clever editing you'd like protesters, the video showing troops boarding via helicopter and being attacked and beaten wins.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-01-2010, 4:06 AM Reply   
Why don't the Arab nations get together and attack? They have the numbers,the money and the weapons.And the only thing that unites them is their hatred for Israel anyway. Be nice to see them get chased barefoot across the desert again. This time let there be no Kissinger to step in and save them.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-01-2010, 10:32 AM Reply   
Nick... that recording couldn't be much more vague. It's hard to prove that it even came from the attack.

That said, I don't disagree. If they fired first, then they deserved to be retaliated against.

FWIW... Haven't we learned our lessons with middle east allies? Were we not the ones that armed Afghanistan?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-01-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardern1 View Post
That is distinctly soldiers being attacked immediately after boarding the ship. Use all the clever editing you'd like protesters, the video showing troops boarding via helicopter and being attacked and beaten wins.
You can't be serious. That video demonstrates nothing. I could of made it in my back yard.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-01-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
Why was Israel boarding that ship?
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-01-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
Israel was boarding the ship because they were attempting to run a blockade.

Yeah, all of the videos are vague. Have you seen the videos posted by the people on the ship? They aren't even coherent. You don't see anything but views of walls and pixels. There are sounds and no evidence to prove that the Israeli's weren't attacked. Plus they cut huge chunks out of the video because you can see gaps in the footage where soldiers had changed position.

And I agree that it's vague, but it can be proved that it came from the attack by looking at an image of the Mavi Mamara. I can see exactly where the video took place aboard the ship through that picture. Soooo, yeah.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-01-2010, 11:54 AM Reply   
How can you tell anything from that video? All I see is a dark screen, a bunch of yelling, and subtitles at the video. Am I looking at the same video?
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-01-2010, 12:01 PM Reply   
Really? because I see people clearly fast roping from a military helicopter and then being assaulted by people on board the ship. Then a man who is clearly decked out in some kind of gear is thrown over the side of the ship. How do you not see that? The rope is pulled to the side, they grab the first guy, and he vanishes below a group on the left. The second guy goes down real close to the landing point. How is that not visible to you guys? And John, the video that the protesters posted could also be made in your back yard. If you have a thermal imaging device to make that video in your back yard, then kudos to you.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-01-2010, 12:02 PM Reply   
Oooooh, crap, i see what happened now. They changed the video on the home page. Let me find the video I was talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYjkLUcbJWo

There, that's the video I was talking about above.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-01-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
That's a bit clearer. I'm surprised the IDF didn't kill a bunch more of them.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-01-2010, 12:21 PM Reply   
OK Maybe I am just not getting this...

1. People are on a boat headed to a port that is not a part of the soldiers country
2. Boat is boarded by masked military soldiers rappelling down from helicopters armed to the hilt (hard to know that the primary weapon were paint ball guns)
3. Passengers attack the soldiers
4. This is a surprising why? What would you do?
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-01-2010, 12:28 PM Reply   
The people are running a blockade. They were not approved like the previous aid ships allowed through in years past, so how could they expect to not be boarded? They instigated military action by Israel. I'm not justifying Israel's blockade, but if it's there, it's clearly not something that you try to get past with the expectation of being left alone. And if I was boarded by soldiers rappelling from a helicopter, frankly, I'd hit the deck, or run to a different part of the boat. Pirates don't come from helicopters, soldiers do. It's always idiotic to attack soldiers with inferior weaponry, always has been, always will be.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-01-2010, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by zo1 View Post
OK Maybe I am just not getting this...

1. People are on a boat headed to a port that is not a part of the soldiers country
That's why it's called a blockade.

Quote:
2. Boat is boarded by masked military soldiers rappelling down from helicopters armed to the hilt (hard to know that the primary weapon were paint ball guns)
Not entirely unexpected when running a bloickade.

Quote:
3. Passengers attack the soldiers
4. This is a surprising why? What would you do?
Not fight to the bitter end against far superior forces.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-01-2010, 1:24 PM Reply   
Man that video needs to be all over the place.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-01-2010, 1:58 PM Reply   
I don't want to take sides here, because the whole situation is a mess and both sides have legitimate grievances. That being said, in this case, the people running the blockade were either a) idiots, or b) plants wanting to cause this kind of "martyrdom."

They were warned way ahead of time they would be boarded if they attempted to run the blockade. This is to prevent weapons from being smuggled into Gaza as has happened in the past. Their actions upon the boarding were inexcusable if they really were who and what they claimed to be.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-01-2010, 7:16 PM Reply   
So it is cool to board a boat that is in international waters because one country has decided that they should try to block all transport in an out of an area? sorry but I still think it is BS that they were boarding that vessel.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-01-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
Well Manzo, do you realize that if the Palestinian people were to drive out the radical Hamas, the blockade would be ended?

No one here is trying to justify the boarding of the vessel, but the soldiers were attacked when they were ordered to do something (they don't have the choice to not follow orders), and so they retaliated against their attackers. The people on that ship were absolute idiots attacking those Israelis like they did. Undeniable fact.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-01-2010, 7:50 PM Reply   
Hey, i am not saying that attacking IDF soldiers is smart if you don't want some death to ensue. I am also not saying that the soldiers made the choice to board the vessel. All I am saying is that it should not come as a shock that the soldiers got clubbed nor that the soldiers fought back.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-01-2010, 8:48 PM Reply   
People on the boat still = idiots
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-02-2010, 8:19 AM Reply   
The organizers of the floatilla were offered alternative means to get the aid to Gaza by both the Israelis and the Egyptions. In the weeks preceeding the incident Israel warned that it would used force to prevent them from access to Gaza. This was a planned act of agression by the floatilla organizers to attract attention to the issue. I guess they accomplished their mission and lost a few lives in the process.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-02-2010, 7:04 PM Reply   
I like this guy, no nonsense BS like what you got in DC.

"This wasnt a Love boat" LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUG12kU8-jE
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-06-2010, 8:02 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOGG_...layer_embedded
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-06-2010, 2:53 PM Reply   
Some of the people on the ship yelled at the israelis to go back to auschwitz. They should have just sank them all.