Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       03-30-2013, 10:30 AM Reply   
So I have been using my GoPro Hero 3 a lot lately and I noticed it takes up a lot space on my computer. Actually it has filled up all the space on my computer once. I had to move some of them to a back-up-drive(which is kind of a pain). I know that the GoPro videos are HD so they are going to require more space. I have a MacBook Pro and I have only put about 30 videos that are about abut 2-3 minutes long on average. Has anybody else ran into this problem? And is there any way to get around this so that it doesn't fill the memory up on the computer?
Old     (Kemikal)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-31-2013, 12:25 AM Reply   
I haven't had that problem yet. Just curious, what program are you using to import them?
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       03-31-2013, 6:11 AM Reply   
I have been just using iMovie.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-31-2013, 7:03 AM Reply   
imovie also converts all of the vids to an apple codec which is huge. if you want to be vigilant about it you need to delete the unused portions of all of your clips.
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-31-2013, 2:35 PM Reply   
I import to my iMac then transfer to an external drive. The only video that stays on my computer is what I'm currently editing. I made the mistake before of not immediately putting it on an external, ended up with 800 gigs of gopro footage taking up my 1tb iMac.
If you use your gopro a lot, invest in a large external hd. Keeps it organized and keeps your lap top fast!
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       03-31-2013, 6:08 PM Reply   
So I went ahead and put some of the videos onto the external drive that we have and it says that it made the video clip into a smaller size. Does that mean I am loosing resolution quality and I wont be able to get back to my original resolution if I want to use a clip that I had put onto the external drive?
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-08-2013, 9:06 PM Reply   
Bigger hard drive is what I had to do. My IMac has 2 TB and I have a 1 TB external.....between GoPro, forgetting to delete unused videos, and TVshows the damn things are always full. I'm going to be going cloud soon.

AT&T has a service I signed up for but haven't used yet.....couple cents a month and I don't need any hardrive space. Awwwwweeeee....the future is now.