Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-02-2010, 6:52 AM Reply   
I have a buddy with an 07 Supra and the center ballast will fill, but not drain. The other two ballasts are filling fine.
He is able to push water out of it by applying pressure/weight on the bag. Any thoughts?
My immediate thought was a kinked exit hose, but he says no. Is it possible a pump is fried? To they have independent pumps for exit on each bag in 07'? I know it is a single pump to fill with a manifold to distribute the water to the bags.
Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-02-2010, 6:55 AM Reply   
Tyler they went to independent pumps in 2k9. I had the same problem in mine (2k9 21v) and the hose at the drain WAS kinked. DOUBLE check it most likely that IS whats causing it.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-02-2010, 7:44 AM Reply   
I know in 09 they went to independent reversible pumps, but can't remember if they still have independent pumps to drain the sacs and don't have one in front of me to verify.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-02-2010, 7:49 AM Reply   
in 2007 there was one fill pump and each bag has its own empty pump, check the empty pump they have a tendency to burn up if left on while dry........
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-02-2010, 7:53 AM Reply   
This is a common problem with the pre 2009 Skiers Choice ballast systems. It can be a kinked hose, the pump could be bad, but usually it is the pump not getting a good prime. There are a couple solutions that he can try.

Have the boat under power around 10mph (keep the bow high) and flip the switch to drain. This will use gravity to prime that pump. I know at Active Water Sports they actually move the drain pumps closer to the bags which seems to also help with the priming issue.

Good Luck!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-02-2010, 8:18 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. I will run these by him. I know he has pushed the water out with pressure, which should do the same thing as priming it.
He should hear the pump running then when he turns on the drain? He said he is not hearing anything, so maybe the pump is fried. Can't recall the position of that pump on that boat.... Is it easy to replace?
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-02-2010, 9:01 AM Reply   
It could also be a fuse in the fuse block under the steering wheel. I had the same problem in my 05 21v. I started swaping fuses and the problem switched to the rear sac. Changed the fuse and everything was ok. I would check the fuses before I started replaceing pumps.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-02-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
cocheese,
good point. i will have him check

spencer,
let me know if you have any of those pumps in stock and if so might have one sent over to the beaverton location if i need one
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-02-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
Tyler,
No problem. I have the Attwood T800 which would be an upgrade and we should also have the Skiers Choice OEM pump as well. Just give me a call. Hopefully it is a fuse.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-02-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
Cool. Will let you know when I hear from him. He is hoping to head to his boat at noon today to check it out.
How much are the two pumps?
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-02-2010, 10:05 AM Reply   
Active has those Rule 700gph OEM pumps marked at $65 but I have seen them online for $40. The Attwood Tsunami T800 pumps are $29.95 at wakemakers. Both are in stock.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-02-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
the pumps are cheap. my dealer sells them for $40. I've already had one go out on mine.