Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    funkytown            07-18-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
so i've demo'd the 06 3DS boots and i love them and will probably buy them. however, with hyperlites designers and most of their riders going to "radar" wakeboards, should i wait to see what new inovations they come out with?

on a side note, it doesnt look like murray is using his 06 boots from the kelowna stop pics. whats up with that?
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-18-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
06 is old news for Murray.

and if I were going to buy new bindings for full price, I would wait to see what they bring out soon. You might wish you wouldn't have spent the money on the Hyperlites. However, if you are getting them off eBay or a good deal on them, I would say go ahead.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-18-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
Murray's been riding his '05 Murray bindings for like the past 2 months... He's totally over closed toe.
Old     (jon_m)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-18-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
supposedly for the support, right?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-18-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
From what I have read and heard its not Radar its Ronix.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-18-2006, 12:45 PM Reply   
That's my guess... His previous boots had been much firmer and more supportive. I loved the support of previous-gen Murray boots, and when i rode the 06 Murray's I was really disappointed.

Dearest binding engineers,

as comfy as the new bindings are, some of us riders still prefer a tight fit... the kind where you can only ride for 15 minutes. The kind where you can't put pressure on your feet for 5 minutes after you get out of your bindings. The kind where you have a waffle-pattern on your foot for the rest of the day.

GIVE ME THE OPTION 2 STRAP, OR GIVE ME DEATH!!
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-18-2006, 1:15 PM Reply   
speaking of which, I NEED AN OPTION 2 STRAP! Mine is busted!
Old    funkytown            07-18-2006, 1:19 PM Reply   
ya, i rode the 06 murrays last night and it felt like me feet where realy lose in the binding...i actualy wanted to get out of the water. but i'm pumped on the 3DS boots....tight fiting, comfy, stiff. they felt like a snowboard boot

(Message edited by funkytown on July 18, 2006)
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-18-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
I quite literally have an extra!! I can pick it up from my cabin this weekend and send it out to ya... what's your address mate?
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-18-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
So why did Murray Hate the boots? I love them when I rode them
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-18-2006, 4:28 PM Reply   
Shaun does not hate the boots, nor is he "totally over closed toe". I have said on here numerous times, as would he, that he just feels like he gets a little more support from his 05's. He has been nursing a badly sprained ankle all year, which he sprained again in Portland, and is doing whatever he can to help it out. He loves the bindings, and I can assure you, as soon as he feels like he can, he will be riding the closed toe.

To put things in perspective, the man is walking around in high top wrestling shoes today, just to try and function normally. Not because he is totally over flip flops, because he needs to.
Old     (cole_souers)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2006, 4:46 PM Reply   
the murrays are made wider on the top of the foot than the 3ds's, but they do offer the strap down laces. the 3ds have been so far very awesome, i have had them since march and have been amazed. very much like a snowboard boot/binding feel.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-18-2006, 5:57 PM Reply   
Travis, you sound like Shauns agent lately

and sorry for the first comment on the first reply, I just assumed he was wearing the 07's.

(Message edited by aden_g on July 18, 2006)
Old     (wakeshredder16)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2006, 6:18 PM Reply   
it isnt ronix or radar it is square one or atleast thats what it was in wbm
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-18-2006, 6:19 PM Reply   
i havent been to impressed with hyperlite's 06 gear...the 05 gear looks better in terms of quality, fit, and finish...

with that...went with a 06 cwb marius and 05 murray bindings..
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-18-2006, 7:33 PM Reply   
http://www.metaphoricalwaterwonderland.com/

Ummmm....looks like ronix.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-18-2006, 7:38 PM Reply   
Aden, didn't anybody ever teach you the old adage, what happens when you ASSUME?
Old    funkytown            07-18-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
thats good to know that murray still backs his product.

what the heck is ronix?

does anyone know which hyp guys are going to be left over after the big shake up?
Old     (emceecuen)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-19-2006, 2:14 AM Reply   
Ron1x even has an ad in the new wakeworld. It is a new company supposedly formed by the o'briens who left hyperlite. I'd be really curious to see what they are going to put out because the o'briens really were fundamental to wakeboarding in the past, besides being amazing visionaries.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-19-2006, 7:37 AM Reply   
ok the logo is a square with a backwords R and a 1. That I am assuming is what represents the parent company "Square One" and Ronix is is the board company. Did anyone else notice that?
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       07-19-2006, 5:11 PM Reply   
I've read on the internet that shaun wears wrestling shoes because he's trying to sidle a sidler. (just a seinfeld joke, bros, just a seinfeld joke.)
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-20-2006, 5:52 AM Reply   
It's Ronix, I saw Paul Obrien at Portland and he had on a hat with Ronix on it. Spelled just like that "Ronix".
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-20-2006, 7:24 AM Reply   
Ronix is an interesting name...I wonder where it came from or what it represents.