Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (shesfearless)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-21-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
I'm looking at an '02 Tige 22i Rider's edition, does anyone have pics riding behind one (same hull) they'd be willing to post? I checked out YouTube, did some fishing around here - so far no luck.

Thanks!
Old     (billspin)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-21-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
Have you asked this on www.tigeowners.com
Old     (shesfearless)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-21-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
No, but thanks to you, will do in t-2 seconds.
Old     (shesfearless)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-21-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
P.S - sweet boat.
Old     (billspin)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-21-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
Thanks. It is for sale!
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=1554664
Old     (shesfearless)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-21-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
Boats like this are the reason I got my financing first - otherwise, way too easy to justify the extra $$.

You don't have any pics of your wake do you? From what I hear, the hulls haven't changed significantly since 02.

I've read a bunch of posts about the wakes being washed out - then a bunch more that say they're just not balanced properly. This is all new to me since I'm coming from a 19' outboard - ghetto!

Looking forward a real wake. Got the bug after a clinic this summer behind the MC X7. Way out of my price range, but since then I've been boat shopping. Good luck with the sale though - that boat is tricked out, love the tint.
Old     (billspin)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-21-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
These pictures are with 3 people in the boat and about 850 pounds of ballast. There are a lot of pictures down through the posting.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/478788.html?1185252897
Old     (billspin)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-21-2007, 3:20 PM Reply   
I might be incorrect but I do believe there was a change either in 03 or 04 that did make the 221 wake better. I think it has to do with the sides towards the rear. Be sure to check into this so you are not getting something you think is different. I think the areas called "spray pockets" were done away with . Check out this link there are a couple of pictures of the different hull shape and some personal ideas why these help surfing wakes. http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2258

(Message edited by billspin on October 21, 2007)
Old     (shesfearless)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-21-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
Whoa - I actually had chills looking at the pics. Ahhh... days like this it's hard to live in Canada. That is a massive wake - and so clean!! I will do some more research on those spray pockets though - or at least find someone with pics like yours - well worth the extra weight.

Thanks!