Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-10-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   
is there any way to check out the shaft packing or tighten it ? it seems like there really is no room to get down there when the time comes.

..and does anyone know if the shaft is dripless or not in a 21v with the 340? 2006 model I know the 2007 have it.
(Message edited by absoluteboarder on October 10, 2007)

Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-10-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
The shaft isn't dripless. If I remember right, it may have been an option.

As for tightening it, it's best left to the dealer...unless you feel like bloody knuckles. FWIW, the sides of the motor in each V-drive compartment fold down flat to the floor for additional access from the side.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-10-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
...hey Naw my marina here says he would have to lift the whole engine out to get at it as he says he cant get at it. He thinks maintenance is a nightmare on these boats in general. He said if I need a new starter he cant get at that either. This a big marina with yachts and all but apparently few wakeboardboats. He just winterized the boat and said he couldn't drain it because of the knock sensors...didnt seem keen on trying to take them off. He said he blew the water out of the system and the circulated 40 liters of antifreez. He also said there is nowhere to fog the 340 as it has no waterseperator....asked him if we could install one ...he said there isnt even room...but when I asked him if it would hurt the engine not fogging it he said no. He is a german guy and really sounds like he kntalking about.....but I told him I have never heard of such complaints on this forum andd that we usually complain about everything.

He also put in quicksilver25w40 .....but I believe that is fine. .....only in Canada eh?

Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-10-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
sounds like you need to find a new marina
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-10-2007, 6:43 PM Reply   
Wow that marina is going to freak when they see a CAT/ETX. Do you self a favor and learn to do this job your self. It only takes 1/2 hour.
Old     (drive139)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-10-2007, 6:49 PM Reply   
the shaft packing can be tightend or repacked without pulling the motor. it is best to let your local dealer do it because it can be kind of difficult. i work at a supra dealership and all the things michael z have listed are not true. beside you have to be certified by indmar to work on supras. the engines do not need fogged and the knock sensors can come out in order to drain the water out of the block. the started is kind of tight but can be changed if need to without pulling the motor.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-11-2007, 5:17 AM Reply   
.........thanks Nicholas.......thats what I figured.....these guys are used to working on big inboards 30 feet and up.....so werent ready for this boat and the tight spaces! When I need any of that stuff I will take it to a dealer who is 1.5 hours away.