Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (premier136)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-13-2006, 8:04 PM Reply   
Is there any difference between the 2006 3DS bindings and the 2007 besides the colors?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-13-2006, 9:35 PM Reply   
They are the same board.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-13-2006, 10:23 PM Reply   
randy...is there any comparison with the 3DS board and a PS3?i am currently looking for the old lady and she is coming off a hyperlite juvi. she has ridden a Subjekt and seemed to like it even tho it is a 141.

by the way she is 5'2" and 120 or so. i am lookin for a faster board but something with pop. she can almost clear the wake right now with the Juvi and can do surface and one wake 180's so i need it to release well when needed. any ideas?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-14-2006, 6:39 AM Reply   
Jonny, 3DS is a continuous rocker with a smooth edge to edge transition, the board is very fast when set on edge and release's well of the wake with the .8 fins. Landings are smooth. I have not known anyone who has ridden this board that dosen't love it.
PS3 is a aggressive 3 stage rocker and most 3 stage tent to be a little more unpredictable off the wake because of the buck. If Liquid Force is a brand you like I would think about the Team, continuous rocker shape. If she is coming of the Juvi the transition to the 3DS will be easier then to the PS3. Given her size I would stay in the 135 range. I always recommend demo first if you can.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-14-2006, 8:48 AM Reply   
i would reccomend the LF angel board or the hyperlite blur for her. i find continuous rockers are better for most. 3 stages only really work right if you know how i use it. i used to be all about 3 stages untill i started riding continous. ive ridden the LF team, same as angel and ive ridden the blur too, my sister in law has it. both boards are fast and still give plenty of pop.
Old    K.B.C.            12-14-2006, 8:59 AM Reply   
He was asking about the bindings not the board.

Not sure, they are pretty much the same. I did hear that they fixed the issue with the top part of the boot. I think it is supposed to be stitched now instead of glued and screwed in.
Old     (premier136)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-14-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
k thanks scott and i was talkin about the bindings
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-14-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
sorry i hijacked...