Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    dysfunctionalsa            09-14-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
cant decide between the side entry stance one, or the A-10 attack! Pro's and cons of each one? Do either of them have any flotation? thanx
Old    monkey138            09-14-2004, 1:51 PM Reply   
The A-10 Attack is the greatest vest ever. The pros are, it is lightweight, not bulky, it has a good tight fit, and it protects you on hard falls.
I haven't found any cons. When I first held it in my hands it felt a bit light. The floatation is great, I went from a USCG bulky non neoprene vest to the A-10 Attack.
Its well worth the money!!!
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-14-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
I love the A-10.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-14-2004, 2:40 PM Reply   
it floats enough but it is NOT really that comfortable. the zipper rubs bad under the arms.

i went back to using my old vest. but if you are all about looking cool, get it.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-15-2004, 10:23 AM Reply   
i love my a-10, it comfortable and lightweight, but i dont think it floats you that well, i used no life jacket one run to see the diffence in floatation and it was about the same.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-15-2004, 10:45 AM Reply   
I too, love my A-10.
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-15-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
Phil, why do you wear it then? I am confused. Flotation is my only reason to wear a life jacket. Unless you are hitting sliders?

I tried the A-10 on in the store and I found it too stiff and not that comfortable. Try the rip curl stealth on. It was super comfy. Don't know about flotation though and haven't actually ridden in either. I decided on an approved vest for flotation reasons. But someone stole it so I will be shopping again soon.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-15-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
I'm riding the Jetpilot Baller Vest and it is super comfy. The Baller is stretchy so it doesn't feel tight, just snug. It also floats me pretty well, I've never had a problem just lying there and floating. I recommend trying it on and see for yourself.
Old    wakejump            09-15-2004, 1:55 PM Reply   
i have a belmot vest. it is good
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-15-2004, 3:35 PM Reply   
Thane good to hear you got your A-10.

I too ride the thing & while I like the comfort I get the feeling that it won't last very long. The stitching seems rather weak the little velcro clasp always catches on the edge material pulling it apart slowly. I hate letting others use it for this reason. As for floating, on a recent nut busting experience I was torn between cradling my injured boys & drowning vs. living yet neglecting my poor throbbing nuts ou decide if flotation is important.
Old    e_smooth            09-16-2004, 12:14 PM Reply   
I would try the o`neill vapor it zips up the back but I think it gives it a better fit. It floats better as well and its not that much heavier.
Old    quietriot447            09-16-2004, 5:14 PM Reply   
i have heard bad things about the vapor vest, on a bad fall the vest was brought up above the head while being inside outed so the rider's head was inside the vest. and his arms were stuck straight up.
Old    valhalla579            09-16-2004, 5:36 PM Reply   
I have last years model of the stance and it rocks. The only problem that i've ever had is the zipper coming down on huge falls, but they added the velcro zipper lock now. Otherwise it is super comfy and rocks!
Old     (cenfla)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-17-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
I have the baller too, its really comfy, floats well and isnt stiff like some of the other jet pilot vests. I really recomomend the baller, you cant even tell you're wearing anything
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-17-2004, 11:41 AM Reply   
Vest are like bindings, they fit everyone differently.
Old    dysfunctionalsa            09-17-2004, 2:53 PM Reply   
thanx for all the imput guys,thing is i live in South Africa so cant try any of them on, got a mate coming out there next week so kind of gotta make my decision!
So there's good and bad bout the A-10 attack, what about the stance?
Old    byerly137pro            09-17-2004, 3:13 PM Reply   
How come if you go to jetpilot.com they don't have the A-10 attack vest?
Old    dysfunctionalsa            09-17-2004, 3:15 PM Reply   
ok, if you had to choose a vest,which one would it be? Need to make a decision here.
Thanx
Old    prodigy136            09-17-2004, 9:08 PM Reply   
personally i find my stance uscg to be more comfortable that the a-10. i rode the a-10 a few times and i really just didn't like it at all, no flotation and it realy wasn't that comfortable at all. go with that stance i say but its our choice