Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jenjen)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-01-2009, 8:41 PM Reply   
Thanks Dave! I am always welcome to all coaching!! Excited to meet everyone.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       10-03-2009, 5:59 PM Reply   
Yeah the river is getting colder pretty quick. Last weekend was nice and warm 68*. My temp sender was acting up so not sure what temp was this evening but it was cold. Still got a few quick runs in tonight. Hoping to get out tomorrow as well if I have a crew.

I'll tough it out 'till at least the end of the month so long as temps stay above freezing at night and boat doesn't have to get winterized. It's still summer in my mind...
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-06-2009, 6:28 PM Reply   
"Seek and Destroy"-- Music on demand
2120hrs.
Stacked wood for four hrs today., people pulling boats out left and right.

Can't wait to join the club in the spring. Hamilton Reservoir, Holland MA!

Hope all is well in NJ ;)!
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-09-2009, 6:52 AM Reply   
Hey Guys,

I am out visiting Jersey for a couple weeks and was seeing if anyone was still toughing it out still riding? I am in the Deptford and Mt Laurel area, perfectly ok with driving. The only down side is that I would have to be a mooch a board with size 11 feet. Totally up to pay for gas and help clean up, can drive and tow as well.

Is anyone riding early morning or late afternoon on Monday or thursday this coming week?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-09-2009, 8:39 AM Reply   
Hey Geoff:
JB is right there in your area and his boat's still in. Give him a call!
http://www.thewakeacademy.com/
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-14-2009, 3:51 AM Reply   
Is anyone still wakeboarding or is the sesaon over for most?
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-14-2009, 5:23 AM Reply   
Took a few sets this weekend but the boats getting wrapped today. Hopefully the snow comes soon!!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-16-2009, 8:15 PM Reply   
I've been hoping to get some October riding in this year, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
The boat's still ready to go though. It won't be Winterized and shrink wrapped 'til early November.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-18-2009, 6:49 PM Reply   
I need your clothes, your boots, youe X-STAR!!!

Anyways, ranin/snowin. whats new.
+ ZUKA = Love
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       10-19-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
We had a couple cold nights this weekend with the storm. It's not freezing overnight yet, so it's still summer in my mind until I get out one more time...
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-19-2009, 5:21 PM Reply   
I can do one more time on the SANTE before we wrap it up. Maybe this weekend. Gotta get some use out of the dry suits...
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-22-2009, 8:08 PM Reply   
Hey crew: I talked to Craig today and the date for the 2009 Surf & Offshore Christmas party is Saturday December 19.
As usual, there will be food, beer, live music and an abundance of holiday cheer. Oh yeah. It's going to be another
great off-season party night!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-02-2009, 1:28 PM Reply   
Congrats to Charles on his interview in this months Wakeworld Rider Link. :-)

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2512
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-03-2009, 11:45 PM Reply   
Congrats to Charles on the interview! Always exciting to see fellow boarders pushing it.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-04-2009, 12:53 AM Reply   
Hey Kelly Lee! How's it going? It's been a while since we've seen you here in Jersey.....but there's always an open invite for pulls. :-)

I remember your rider link interview a couple years back.....pretty cool!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-04-2009, 8:59 PM Reply   
Wow! It's kickasskel checkin-in!
I mailed you a 2009 Wakefest flier Kel, and it came back undeliverable. Where ever you're living now Kel,
I hope you're doing well.

Charles mentions Gregor in his write-up. I saw Gregor a couple of times this past summer. Has anyone else
seen Gregor around?

Oh yeah...The Yankees just won The World Series. Nice.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-06-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
I got a call from Mo at stokemeter.com today and scheduled to be on stokemeter tv monday night is the one and only JB! Check him out monday night at 9pm. It'll be cool to have a NJ rider on the show.

http://www.stokemeter.com/stoketv.htm
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-07-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
AK, Irish pub rocked! So did all the top knoch resturants at Harrah's. Thanks for the info!
Old     (wakeordie)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-07-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
is any one still riding im moving to new york next week. does anyone winch out there
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-08-2009, 7:59 AM Reply   
Jeff Z! I kept meaning to call/text to check-up on you guys, but, well, I never did. Glad you liked the
Irish Pub. I used to smoke cigars there, right at my table, with others eating their meals only an elbow's length
away. Ah yes...The Irish Pub.

Greetings Chris: I just Winterized my boat YESTERDAY, and every one in my immediate circle of friends has
already Winterized as well. I have a good friend with a winch, bur as far as I know, it really hasn't been
seeing any action lately. Sadly, you're rolling into the area a pinch too late in the season.

And yes, JB is going to be on Stoke Meter Monday at 9:00pm. I so can't wait.
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-09-2009, 12:53 AM Reply   
Thanks for the welcomes everyone! I actually moved to South Korea last year and haven't been around. I did get the e-mails on the Wakefest but 20 hour flights were a little too much for me to handle~ Hope everyone's doing well. I'll be sure to stop by if I happen to be in the neighborhood!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-19-2009, 8:16 PM Reply   
Well, I called my guy, made the appointment, and The Super Air gets shrink this Sunday. For me, this will officially
slam the lid on the 2009 season; except for the Christmas party on the 12th! Eeeee haaaa!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-26-2009, 6:24 PM Reply   
Happy t day to all.
Love ya - jz
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-27-2009, 5:29 AM Reply   
Right back at ya JZ.
You comin' down for the Christmas party?
Create a facebook account, add me as a friend and I'll send you a facebook event invitation.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-05-2009, 4:40 AM Reply   
The annual Surf & Offshore Christmas party is Saturday December 19.
Here's the official announcement:

Upload

In addition to this, there's going to be a wakeboard crew Christmas party in Brigantine on December 12.
We've got some tables at a bar on the beach and we have group rate hotel rooms right upstairs. This is going to
epic, and probably the new annual tradition.
Old     (phat_steve)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-07-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
Well there is something good about this time of year. I just got the e-mail that Blue MT. has started makinn snow. Only a matter of time before we can get back into some board sports. lol My shoulder is about 95% and I am down about 15 pounds so some winter snowboarding and i should be ready to kill it in april, be ready Jim. Hopefully we can hook up at blue or shawnee this winter.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-10-2009, 7:09 PM Reply   
Happy holidays and a Merry Christmas to all my NJ friends!
Love S&J
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-19-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
Late breaking news!
I talked to Craig today, and because of the crazy late-Autunm blizzard, the annual Surf & Offshore Christmas
party has been moved from Saturday the 19th to Sunday the 20th. They'll have the same food, the same band and
the same beer, but it's just going to be one day later.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-19-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
Ok. Scratch that.
I just got a second call from Craig and the Christmas Party is happening as scheduled:
Saturday night, December 19.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-25-2009, 7:31 PM Reply   
Merry Christmas friends.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-09-2010, 8:32 PM Reply   
Hmmmmmmmmm. Go Phillies
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-09-2010, 8:33 PM Reply   
P.S. Hate Mail JB!
Old     (phat_steve)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-30-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
Hey everyone its the new year and I cant find the new Thread. Whats going on is everyone just moved on to all snow sports. lol I know I have been killin the local Mts as well as Jim B but i know I cant wait to hit the water this summer.