Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-23-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
No matter what I do, I can never find any online Canadian wakeboard retailers. I know, buy local- my "local" shop is 1.5 hours drive away, and without a license, that's a bit difficult. So if you know any good Canadian online shops, please post them up!
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-24-2009, 5:26 AM Reply   
We can ship alot of product to your door. If we can help let us know.

Bill @ perfski.com
Old     (fleming)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-24-2009, 6:32 AM Reply   
Try Boardsports in Toronto: http://www.boardsports.ca/
Old    dperizzolo            09-24-2009, 8:01 AM Reply   
If you call your local shop and give them a credit card number, they will most likely ship the stuff to your house. We did that a lot at the shop I worked at in Calgary.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-24-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
Just find a retailer that will ship to you via USPS. Its cheap, fast, and you don't get crazy dinged with brokerage/duty like you would with ups or fedex.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-24-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
Does US Postal Service work in Canada? I would go with boardsports, they probably have the largest selection. Otherwise Grizzley Sports is a great retailer based out of Washington state, I have had good luck with them and their prices are awesome.
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-24-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
Blake
If you're in Muskoka like your profile says you could always try Cabana Boardshop at Pride of Muskoka in Bracebridge or Surf Paradise or the Muskoka Store south of Gravenhurst.
If those aren't an option, go with Boardsports. You're not only supporting a Canadian retailer, you're also supporting the Canadian distributors who put a lot back into the Canadian wake scene.
Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-24-2009, 4:25 PM Reply   
Oh wow, I've been to boardsports too. Totally forgot about them. I'm not really living in the muskokas, its more of where I ride so that is an option but i've found that they don't have much selection there. Never been to The Cabana in Bracgebridge. Just the one on Rosseau. How is it compared to boardsports?
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-24-2009, 6:02 PM Reply   
...I would love to support a canadian retailer but when I can get a 2009 hyperlite murray binding for 250 Canadian bucks shipped to my door......going to boardsports and paying 450 out the door is a little steep. Boardsports is not even willing to negotiate not even a little. There are to many other sources to get stuff.

and stuey is right USPS it!
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-24-2009, 6:05 PM Reply   
when a package comes to canadian customs then the canadian postal service takes over.
Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-24-2009, 6:35 PM Reply   
Wow, now where did you find that deal michael?
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-24-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
we just picked up a pair off ebay for 167.50 us dollars........shipped to our door with taxes and 5 dollar handling fee came to 248$ canadian . Check out boarders mall/ boarders best buy , grizzly sports and some others that you can find through ebay.

If your looking for something...let me know through pm and I can find you a good deal.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-24-2009, 6:49 PM Reply   
here is the guy we bought from

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280392907068&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-25-2009, 12:22 AM Reply   
we have shipped a ton of stuff for our customers.i agreed with adam from sbc. keep the cash in canada.

my shop PROPAGANDA would love to help you with company and lf product.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-25-2009, 12:23 AM Reply   
ohh we can ship canada post, canpar, ups or fed ex and also send you a paypal link if you would rather have that.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-25-2009, 8:40 AM Reply   
You can give Clint at Wizard Lake Marine a call. I know he's shipped product where it needs to go. He's been doing wakeboarding gear for a long time and provides great knowledge and service.
http://www.wizardlakemarine.com/home
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-25-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
I find that on boards, bindings, vest the canadian retailers can't compete... we are talking 100% markup to US retailers. (buywake, wakeside,boarders mall, etc.)

I bought my fat sacs locally and was impressed with pricing...

I guess I am an educated shopper and can't justify spending that much extra money... it doesn't grow on trees.
Old    dperizzolo            09-25-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
In Canada, we have to get products through distributors. The distributors pay the companies to get the product, then the shops pay the distributors. Yes things usually end up being a little more expensive. However, when you buy local, it makes warranty issues a lot easier to resolve, and you are supporting the wakeboard scene in Canada. A lot of the rail jams, competitions, and demos would not be possible if it were not for the help of the shops and distribution companies. You may end up spending a little bit more, but the return is worth it. So I think that we should be giving a big thanks to all of the people at Nautic Distribution (LF, CWB), Barrett Sports (O'brien), and High Output/Meridian Distribution (Hyperlite and Ronix), because they all do a ton for our sport in Canada.
Old     (mro)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-25-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
i'm lookin around for stuff in canada as well at the moment.
boardsports in toronto: '09 marek $699 on sale!
thats frikin recockulous.
its one thing to support local shops/scene, but you also have to support yourself! ie. food, shelter and beer. i won't feel bad about saving a few hundred dollars. I'll work on being a better person when i win lotto.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-25-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
as a retailer i have a huge problem with canadian to american pricing. it's always something we have to deal with.

if i am not correct..... most us online retailers have a section of thier dealer agreement forbiding them to ship into canada. it still happens.....

probably the best brand i have dealt with as far as pricing is company wake. justin and his crew understand what canadian riders and retailers are saying and working with us to keep the pricing as close to the american dollar as possible.

i respect that a ton. as canadian shoppers keep an eye out for brands/ retailers trying to bridge that gap... and support them.

we currently have our remaining company boards on for 399 can. buy wake and those brands have them for around 350. by the time you bring a board up from the usa, pay the shipping and brokerage as well as the exchange rate..... we by far have a way better deal.

i sell wakeboard stuff because i love riding a wakeboard in the summer. i think the industry and how it's run is a joke.