Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-25-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
im trying to buy a guru board but i dont know where to buy one. do u know where i can buy one online.
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-25-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
http://www.perfski.com/cart.cfm?cart_action=manufacturer_category_items&m anufacturer_guid=a24535c6-3d54-4abf-bfdc-5d4bbff498f3&category_guid=c019dc6b-aa28-4c5e-82f0-ae29c10b271f only place I know of
Old    murrayair            11-25-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
300 bucks?! Holy freakin cow. I thought they were closer to 100. For 300 bucks I could make something like that and go buy myself a new wakeskate.
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-25-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
that's what most people do.
Old    wiz            11-26-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
there's another trampline board called the "b2 bounce board". i've been trying to find out who sells it so i can order one. they're @ $100.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-26-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
chuck, they are a joke tho, but then again so is 300 for foam and straps
Old     (ilovelake)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-27-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
If you're gonna go with the b2 bounce board then look on ebay, they're like $80 from one seller on there. Personally, I just built one out of 1-inch plywood and old bindings. I like it a lot but I cant really jump very high with it on so I just went out and got some 1/4 inch plywood so my next one will flex more. I'll be adding weight to the middle of it (between the feet) and I'm hoping it won't be too thin and break, they didn't have any 7-ply at home depot. This time I think I'll just put old shoes on it instead of bindings. The thing I like about wooden boards that I don't think you'd get with either the Guru or the B2 is realistic weighting. I practiced on the trampoline a lot with no board all summer and then just recently I made the 1" plywood board which is pretty heavy. The change in weight distribution made a huge difference on inverts and felt much more similar to actually flipping with a wakeboard on. Even if you ignore cost, weighting alone would make me choose homemade over either foam product. Plus it's rigid so it forces you to land with your feet positioned correctly. My biggest fear in making my board was that I would roll an ankle or something since it doesn't bend like foam. As it turns out I haven't come close to hurting myself on it and now that I've used it a lot I don't really see how I could (if you land off balance it just slides out and you just bounce on your back or side). If anyone else has attempted to make one out of 1/4" plywood I would really appreciate some input, thanks.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-27-2006, 10:28 AM Reply   
I really don't understand how you can say that $300 is too much, when you haven't used one.

have you used one?

$300 may be worth it. you never know.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-27-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
Has anyone used an old Roam or maybe a old snowboard?
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-27-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
i honestly like the looks and what appears to be a good design but when something like this costs more then most setups as well as the trampoline it is designed for then i think most people will have a hard time justifying it especially when you can cobble something together that may not be the exact samething but will function almost tho same

bring that bad boy down to $175-200 for Christmas and we have a deal
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-27-2006, 11:17 AM Reply   
Byrd, a snowboard with decently sharp edges is bad news on a tramp :-) (personal experience)

Could cover them in duct tape or something...?
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-27-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
Being from FL, I have never snowboarded, so I did not know how sharp the edges are. I wonder about a Roam though....
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-27-2006, 12:11 PM Reply   
I think people use foam boards to keep from wrecking their knees and ankles should they fall on a trick gone bad.....a stiff board won't flex on a tramp. Plus those Guru's suck W2W!!!
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-27-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
I used 1/4" ply and bought some old sandal bindings on eBay and drilled them to the board. I sanded the edges and wrapped the tip and tail in some duct tape. Works great.
Old    gotwake123            11-27-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
foxrepdc u suck
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-27-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
I hope you have a point to that comment young Stephen!
Old     (ilovelake)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-27-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
David do you have pics? Foxrep, I had that same concern, but I've now managed to fall just about every which way on and off my board and I haven't felt any real pain yet because if you land funny the board just slides out and you fall on your butt.

Anyone know how to shape plywood? I want to bend the ends of the tramp board up like a skateboard deck (cant use an actual skate deck b/c I want it to be longer than that) so that I have something to grab but it wont hurt the bounce height as much. Can I just soak the end in water and clamp it to the shape I want? Will that stay? How long do I leave it? Anyone who's got experience w/ this please help.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-28-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
Anybody know if the guru is available to purchase yet? I heard a while back they would not be available until jan. or feb.
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-28-2006, 4:09 PM Reply   
yah they wont be availbale until about march because the boards are breaking and so the factory is making them better and stronger.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-28-2006, 4:45 PM Reply   
Thane, Larry used one and thought it was great til the guy said they were 300.00 now they are just O.K.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-01-2006, 3:52 AM Reply   
We got a call from Mike Ferraro with Guru and he said they are going to try and make sure we can fill our pre-orders before Christmas. I'm hopeful they will make this promise, and will work to fill the orders, but at this point won't committ to this date until they come through our door.

Like Guru, I'm sorry that the boards are delayed and may not make it under the tree, but I do give them credit them for not putting out the boards till they are ready and 100%.

Bill @ Performance.

PS: If you have pre-orders....we will update you as soon as they hit our doors. Thanks again for your patience.