Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-26-2014, 9:04 AM Reply   
I agree with most of what has been posted. If there is a problem Tige(or any other manufacturer) should step up and fix it. Doesn't matter if its a new 50K boat or a 130K boat. If its new and has warranty they should fix it. Only issue I have here as well as with the recent Supra thread is proof. Bother were new posters and only posted threads that could be seen as trashing a brand. It begins to look as if there only purpose is to run said brand into the ground. When asked for background and proof neither stepped up with it. Both made claims many of us would agree are out there: Board racks dragging in the water, boat has been to the factory 4 times, etc. In this posters case if there were so many cracks in the boat he should have never taken delivery of the boat. No way would I ever had left the factory after repair if it wasn't fixed. I have been thru this with 2 boats from 2 different manufacturers. One stepped up quickly and the other I had to get lawyers involved. With neither did I wait a year. Thats way to long. Whats the hold up. I've owned a lot of boats(10+ inboards) and they are going to have problems. It happens as these are custom made by hand products. These aren't robot built assembly line cars. But when manufacturers don't step up and fix the issues thats a problem. If thats the case they deserve to have that information out on the inter web!! I haven't read the Tige warranty word for word, but in my experience many companies do not warranty gel spiders/ cracks as they are pretty normal.

But how do we know if thats the case. There seems to be more and more of these type of threads. They follow a similar pattern. New user, bashes a brand, goes silent or disappears. Few facts and a partial story. Company reps reply and things die down. Never find out what happened or the real story. Some may think its beyond reason but I will say it again….I have heard from multiple industry people from different companies that it is suspected that manufacturers are putting people up to basically attacking other companies. It makes sense to me after what I am seeing going on. The inboard market is very competitive. I have been around it for a long time. If you don't want to believe companies would engage in that or that their risks would be to great thats up to you. I thought it was laughable the first time an insider mentioned it, but after hearing it a few other times different places and now seeing these couple quick threads it sure makes me wonder. As some have said there are very few no biased reviews out there of our type of boats. But post up a few negative threads on wake world(or other sites) and someone googles Tige and guess what comes up right on top? Seems brilliant to me if your a competitor. But thats me and just my opinion.

I am in no way saying whether this posters problems are real or the recent Supra owners posts. Because honestly none of us have any way of knowing. So it really becomes as useless as the reviews by the companies accepting advertising dollars. Bottom line is you have to get out there and look with your own eyes and make your own choices. I've said it before and will say it again, a good dealer is far more important than the brand you own.