Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-02-2012, 5:43 PM Reply   
I see there are metal supply places that sell it and it may be possible to buy lead weights from wheel shops. Am I missing any obvious places that would be local in most large cities? What does lead cost? I see pictures of people with really nice looking bags for their lead. Where do you get those? Is lead plate easier to move around or are the bags with lead balls/shot better?
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-02-2012, 6:04 PM Reply   
Go to your local gun range and get 25# bags of lead shot
Old     (superfluous)      Join Date: May 2012       06-02-2012, 6:19 PM Reply   
http://www.pop-products.com/ (actually steel shot).

If you can source your own lead, they also sell the liners and bags for about $10 each.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-02-2012, 6:21 PM Reply   
leadwake@yahoo.com has really nice 50 lbs lead bags, thick materials and nice design and handle. I had a bunch of pop products, but ditched them when I got my new boat for lead wake for a plethora of reasons.

His name is Jarod (Jerrad?) and he sells the bags for $50. (pop products were $40 for 40 lbs 5 years ago when I bought them, not sure price now).

I think he can ship them in flat rate boxes for $11 per bag. I will try to find some pictures if you want.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-03-2012, 7:40 AM Reply   
+1 for Leadwake..Pop bags are nice, but the Leadwake bags are better. They are smaller, heavier and the bags are stronger
Old     (cccbuilders)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-03-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
50lbers....i have 10. They are easy to move around and stuff into tight corners, and super strong.
http://www.bombwake.com/index_files/ballast.htm
Old     (jc57)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-03-2012, 3:53 PM Reply   
If you're looking for lead bags, let me know. You can contact me via my email
leadwake@yahoo.com or call me at (626) 353-0340

Thanks

Jared
(Lead Wake*™)
Old    jblinzler            06-03-2012, 4:00 PM Reply   
if your around the los angeles area i have 7, 40 pound bags ill sell for a 100. selling the boat and dont need them anymore. but honestly fat sacs are the way to go.
Old     (jwmustangin)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-06-2012, 6:05 PM Reply   
Made my own bricks....go here http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779735

I just happened to look on ebay and a guy selling lead in bulk to fishermen who make their own lures had an ad. By coincidence he was in my hometown.

Jeff
Old     (tany2b)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-12-2013, 8:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblinzler View Post
if your around the los angeles area i have 7, 40 pound bags ill sell for a 100. selling the boat and dont need them anymore. but honestly fat sacs are the way to go.
do u still have these for sale
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-12-2013, 8:43 PM Reply   
X3 for leadbwake