Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-27-2003, 7:53 PM Reply   
All of my regulars have went off and got a life and it's a struggle to conjure up folks to ride. Every Saturday it's the same thing, I'm on the phone looking for two other people for Sunday..sometimes I feel like I'm begging.I should sell my boat and become a mooch,I would most likely ride more that way.

B-
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-27-2003, 8:07 PM Reply   

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How in the crap do you have trouble finding people to ride?

More deodorant?
Do you come your hair when you take people out? Oh wait...
Have you tried wearing makeup?

Geez.

If it wasn't a 6 hour drive we'd be on it.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-27-2003, 10:51 PM Reply   
Hey Barry. Let me know if you ever need a 3rd. I am always up to ride.
Old    wakelvr            09-27-2003, 10:56 PM Reply   
Barry, if you are looking for a third and want to ride at Don Pedro, Ja and/or I can meet you there. We are about 1.5 away and love it there. I plan on riding during the winter too so don't hesitate to ask. I also have a friend who lives in Fresno that may be interested in getting a few pulls. He has his own gear and stuff, just no boat..... well, a party barge.. heehee. If you don't mind, I will send him your email address. Really nice guy, responsible, married with young child.....

Also, next weekend we are doing a big camping trip. Not sure if we are going to Melones or DP (they are very close to each other), if you are interested, send me an email. Bring your family... would be nice to meet you!
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-27-2003, 11:31 PM Reply   
Go to home depot and pick up some day workers. Sure it costs some dough but you wont feel guilty about them cleaning the boat while you chill in the truck at the end of the day.
Old    jetgofish            09-28-2003, 12:24 AM Reply   
Na, I hear you! I'm not looking for people to ride with me I'm looking for people to ride with, I need a change of scenery, I need clean friends! It's tough to find people who are into just the riding and not have the sterotype of the typical Disco Bay wakeboarder. I've never been into that! If your ever in Disco and need a 3rd give me a shout!
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-28-2003, 5:55 AM Reply   
I'm sorry Barry, If I just didn't live soooo far away.
But then again, how much easier would it be for you to move to FL??

give Bill a shout....his boat is on the disabled list
Old     (lehmur)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-28-2003, 7:15 AM Reply   
I'm curious, what is the stereotype of the typical Disco Bay wakeboarder Jetgofish?
Old    jetgofish            09-28-2003, 8:48 AM Reply   
Mike I think I may have met you at Disco Joes about a week or so ago!

What is they typical Disco Bay wakeboarder stereotype. Well even though I am not like this I'm told that I have the stereo type of being the druggy , the alcoholic, and not caring about my fellow riders.

I've heard many others classify Disco Bay people that way. I'm not this way, I'm into riding and I am as clean as clean can be. I'm true to the sport and into the riding, no drama, no drugs, no BS, lets just ride. Certian people and certain groups have clouds over their heads..that's all I meant by the stereo typed wakeboarder.

No harm intended. I just can't tell you how many times I've heard that about Disco Bay riders. I think it's actually a little sad, most of the riders out here aren't that way....guess it's all about the company that you keep
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-28-2003, 8:57 AM Reply   
Blab, I tried the make-up thing.. they kept trying to stuff dollar bills in my g-string. It just wasn't working out.

Bennett, e-mail me when you're ready to go. we'll take ya.

Steph- yeah, forward my e-mail to him and I might just take you up on that offer for Pedro/NM in the near future. thanks :-)

Jetgofish, I'm never in Disco. but, if you ever get down to Fresno look me up.

Phantom, I'm not much into gators and I have too much going on out here to move to FL. How are ya, anyway?

Neelley, how does black-on black sound(215)
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-28-2003, 11:12 AM Reply   
B-

I am sure my parents would love it if Brian and I would visit more often...now we have a reason to because you need a second and third!!!!
Old    norcal_99            09-28-2003, 1:08 PM Reply   
B, Sorry to hear your pain.

I like Neelley's Idea. As long as you can teach them to drive the boat while you ride it's all good.
Old     (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-28-2003, 3:13 PM Reply   
barry, i will make the trip that makes two people. just let me know.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-28-2003, 4:25 PM Reply   
ya barry, don't know where you normally ride, but madera is only about 4.25hrs from me. i'd be up for a day trip for that - or if you go to any lake south of you that's even closer to me!
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-28-2003, 8:08 PM Reply   
Barry ~ No Gators where I'm at either.
You should come out for the winter.....
I even have an extra car you can borrow,
Life was good until someone tried to serve a Summons all the way from CA Early Sat AM....
Oh well. like I told the moron server It needs to go back to CA, I'm not accepting it. ...
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-28-2003, 9:31 PM Reply   
Mel, Do it!
Tell Brian was working on my lip-slip-to-shuvits today. I suck at em, but I'll get it. I just can't figure out which way I feel more comfy kicking the board(toe or heal).

Justin, I'm down for next w/e if you guys wanna ride.

Christopher, anytime.. just give me a days notice. Hell, give me an hours notice. I don't get south, ever... Our little lake is pretty pimp most of the time and it's only 20 minutes from me. Most of the time I'm too lazy to drive that far. :-)

Phantom, what didja do this time? Man, you're *always* in trouble. Must be nice to be wealthy enough to have extra cars laying around. hehe

B-
Old    hyperryd            09-28-2003, 9:45 PM Reply   
Barry: I'm off on weekends. Which lake are you riding at?
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-28-2003, 9:54 PM Reply   
John, I ride at this little lake just a bit north-east of Madera. Where are you located?

B-
Old    hyperryd            09-28-2003, 10:06 PM Reply   
Down in Visalia, but not too far. About an hour drive.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-28-2003, 10:16 PM Reply   
is that don pedro barry?
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-29-2003, 3:36 AM Reply   
Barry ~ It wasn't I me!! I swear! I'm an innocent bystander ( it's a Medlegal thing).
Wealthy???? I just don't have to pay outrageous DMV fees in FL like I would have in CA.... The other car is a tax write-off for work since I cover close to 25 difference Hospitals throughout Central FL.

(Message edited by phantom5815 on September 29, 2003)
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-29-2003, 5:22 AM Reply   
That's cool Barry. Hopefully the next time I'm up you can show me some shuvits.

For you other people: Its a nice little lake with nice conditions. Leave it at that!
Old    brettly            09-29-2003, 12:05 PM Reply   
My wife and I are alway down for a pull Barry,
we're in Clovis
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-29-2003, 12:12 PM Reply   
Jetgofish.... I never heard of Disco riders being classified as that... and i grew up there, and still go there every weekend
Old    lunaraven            09-29-2003, 12:37 PM Reply   
Hey were the same age and have the same problem. My friends always say they want to go but when you ask them they come up with old people excuses. Lucky for me my wife loves to go and my best friend the rear view mirror is the spotter!
Old    norcal_99            09-29-2003, 10:50 PM Reply   
It starts with a R and ends in a r. That's all I'm saying.
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-30-2003, 5:57 AM Reply   
Actually, it doesn't....
Old    swass            09-30-2003, 6:05 AM Reply   
Somebody slappin' you with a maternity suit, there, Phantom?
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-30-2003, 8:48 AM Reply   
Rene, not even close, Pal..
Everyone thinks that's my place and I don't mind, they can go there!

It starts with a 'everyonethinksimgoingtotell' and ends with 'youmustbecrazyman'

If ya come down to ride, I'll take ya, though.

B-
Old    jetgofish            09-30-2003, 8:54 AM Reply   
but then he will have to shoot ya!!!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-30-2003, 8:56 AM Reply   
It starts with a Z and ends in a Q
Old    norcal_99            09-30-2003, 9:18 AM Reply   
Do I have to meet at your house and be blind-folded, ear-muffed, and hooded on the way to the lake.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-30-2003, 9:28 AM Reply   
C'mon, Rene.. that's a bit extreme.

There would be no reason for a blindfold *and* a hood. A hood would be fine. You can bring your own or we can loan you one.

(Message edited by Barry on September 30, 2003)
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-30-2003, 11:12 AM Reply   

quote:

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 8:56 am:

It starts with a Z and ends in a Q

zoboomafooq!! i suspected as much!

Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-30-2003, 7:47 PM Reply   
x Mpget slapped with a maternity suit?????
uhhhh no.
I think that would be the other way around in my situaton.
It's the usual and customary way in a Legal thingy... everyone and their mother gets named and dragged through the mud.
Old    hyperryd            09-30-2003, 8:20 PM Reply   
Barry give me a call sometime I'd love to go to the ZmysteryQ lake. I'll E-Mail my number.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-30-2003, 8:24 PM Reply   
Actually I was kidding. It starts with an X and ends with the number 2.
Old    swass            10-01-2003, 5:29 AM Reply   
Perfectly good humor gone to waste. Pity.