Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    Liquidshano            09-01-2010, 1:22 PM Reply   
Almost time to upgrade the boat, found a pretty good deal on a 2009 Axis A-22 with the plug and play ballast. I mostly surf but still wakeboard quite a bit...

Opinions, pics, thoughts anyone??
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       09-01-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
We have a 2010 with the plug and play and the surf wake is nice. We fill up the front, center and whatever side we are surfing and go about 11.4. Drop the wedge as well and it is pretty nice. I have only surfed behind 3 boats (VTX, 205V hull Xstar and the Axis) and the Axis has the best surf wake. We have the wakemakers kit for ours which is a 950lb front sac and 400lb sacs in the rear compartments. If you were to put 750s back there instead of 400s it would be killer. Wakeboard wake is downright scary at times. It is getting to the end of the season and I am just now comfortable riding full ballast and wedge all the time.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       09-01-2010, 1:58 PM Reply   
I wish I had some better pictures but here are the couple I have right now.

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-01-2010, 1:59 PM Reply   
What's the price on the AXIS? Really if you mostly surf you should be looking at the tige and centurions. They put up the best surf wakes. I think the axis has one of the best wakebord wakes out there, but I think there are better surf wakes.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-01-2010, 2:04 PM Reply   
The Axis has an awesome surf wake with the plug and play system. If you upgrade the rear sacs to the 750 lb. Fly High Fat Sacs it is way better. The wakeboard wake is also top notch. I find it to be a combination of a 21' Malibu VLX and the 23' Malibu LSV. The transition is perfect and it is solid as a rock. You won't be disappointed.
Old    Liquidshano            09-01-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
49K Canadian, its still at the dealer, brand new. I have an older Tige right now and it has a great wave. I want a newer boat but I don't know about dropping 60K on an RZ2
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-01-2010, 2:11 PM Reply   
Yeah price wise you can't beat the AXIS period. 46k US dollars for brand new is going to be tough to beat all around. I say go for it.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-01-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
I can't give feedback on the wakesurf wake since I have never tried to weight our axis for surfing.

Wake board wake is awesome... long transition with a nice lip at the top. Its easy to clean up and easy to scale for all skill levels. The wedge is a must have to shape the wake for wake boarding.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-01-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruizza View Post
I wish I had some better pictures but here are the couple I have right now.

DAMN, I love Lake Powell... We go every year, except for this one, can't wait till next year.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-01-2010, 4:21 PM Reply   
Is it a rule that you have to have a beer in your hand when you surf. i dont get it
Old     (bspot5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-01-2010, 7:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidshano View Post
49K Canadian, its still at the dealer, brand new. I have an older Tige right now and it has a great wave. I want a newer boat but I don't know about dropping 60K on an RZ2
60k for an RZ2, where could I find that deal?
Old    OnixBrandClothing            09-01-2010, 8:26 PM Reply   
Eagle Marine in Ft. Worth, Tx has their loaded Demo for 62k...I just bought a Z1 for our company boat and paid 52,xxx.00 OTD LOADED. MAy not be the best deal, but I am very happy! I surf all the time and the Z1 puts out an awesome wake!
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-02-2010, 5:57 AM Reply   
We run at 11.4 front full, LR or RR full , depending on which side person wants to surf with wedge down. It cleans up well and wake is about waste high. The pics were with 3 people on one side same setup as mentioned above.
For some reason the person taking the pics was able to get good perspective of a fellow Axis owner but when it came to some pics of me, that last one is the best I could find...
Attached Images

Old    Liquidshano            09-02-2010, 7:37 AM Reply   
that looks pretty good, the one with you on dard side looks nice and clean...
Old    Liquidshano            09-02-2010, 7:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixBrandClothing View Post
Eagle Marine in Ft. Worth, Tx has their loaded Demo for 62k...I just bought a Z1 for our company boat and paid 52,xxx.00 OTD LOADED. MAy not be the best deal, but I am very happy! I surf all the time and the Z1 puts out an awesome wake!
60K for a used 08 up here. I found a 08 RZ 1 for 49K (CND), was about the best I can find right now. I am in no panic, my 03 Tige puts out a great surf wake. I am just sick of filling 5 sacs with pumps all the time
Old     (Barefooter81)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-02-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
Shane,

I have been also looking at upgrading my boat and have taken a look at the A-22 as well. With the wide range of water sports I want to do, it has made the search pretty unique. My friends and I love to surf as well. I have been talking to a local Tige dealer whom recently sent me some shots of two new boats that they just recently released, the R20 and RZR. When I saw the pics of the surf wake I was amazed on how big, clean and long it was for a 20 foot boat. The dealer indicated that the setup in this boat was the built in 1450 lb Surf Ballast and I have to say, I was highly impressed. The boat is slowly releasing to dealers now and they are going to let me know when it will be at their dealership so I can test drive it. If I were you, I would check them out at your local Tige dealer.
Attached Images

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-02-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
You can get a really good surf wake out of a 20 ft boat. with 4 people and 1200lbs my VTX puts out a very clean solid surf wake. I'm thinking about adding another 500 in the nose to make the pocket a little longer
Attached Images

Old    Liquidshano            09-02-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
I have my dealer specing our a RZR for me...

That is a good looking wave on VTX!
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-02-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
Forgot to add we have the wedge about half way up
Old    Liquidshano            09-02-2010, 1:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh1669 View Post
Forgot to add we have the wedge about half way up
how much weight do you have in there Thats a big ass wave for a 20' boat. Mine is 21.5 and this pic it has about 2700 pounds in it...

nice work
Attached Images

Old    Liquidshano            09-02-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
couple more of my buds, wave is kinda dirty, lots of wash that day. I can usually clean that up a lot more with the taps
Attached Images

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-02-2010, 7:46 PM Reply   
About 1200lbs plus 4people and wedge about half up. Need some wieght up front to make the pocket a little longer