Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (resko1)      Join Date: Aug 2016       06-14-2017, 5:33 PM Reply   
Hey all,
Im from sandusky area. Havent been there in years. We got into wakesurfing about 4 years ago in wisconsin. Im heading back to sandusky in mid july and im bringing the centurion along. Was looking for places to surf at. Being from wisconsin we usually surf alot of small inland lakes. Anything over 15ft deep and big enough o dont have to make a big circle!
Anyways, ive been looking at sandusky bay. It seems to be shielded from west wind which could be somewhat calm. Has anyone been on sandusky bay, looking for info like where to launch and best spots. Also open to other places within 30 min driving time although it doesnt look like many lakes in northern ohio.
Thanks in advance guys!
Old     (OSUBUCKS)      Join Date: Feb 2017       06-22-2017, 3:53 AM Reply   
I'd be curious to hear what people say about surfing in the bay, I would assume not bad since it is shielded. I'm from central Ohio but go up that way (and Maumee Bay) occasionally, just have never taken the boat.
Old     (WakeSpice)      Join Date: Jan 2016       06-23-2017, 6:52 AM Reply   
The main Sandusky bay is not the friendliest to Wake boats, but the back bay is great for surfing. Go under the bridge to the west of the bay, and you should have great water. There is much less traffic there as well. Behind Johnsons Island can be decent some days too. I wouldn't mess with behind the causeway to Cedar Point because it is way too Shallow. Sometimes the actual lake can be calmer than the bay, but surfing is all you would really be able to do, there is no such thing as glass out on the lake. The only other decent place nearby would be the Sandusky River. That's where I always rode growing up. I hope that helps.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-03-2017, 8:53 PM Reply   
Like Brandon said, go west of the Rt 2 bridge and you will be fine, but do not go in the Sandusky river, there are spots that are only 3ft deep!
Old     (resko1)      Join Date: Aug 2016       07-03-2017, 8:58 PM Reply   
Cool. Thanks guys.
If anyone is gonna be around the weekend of July 22nd, ill be heading on the water there. Bringing my Centurion from Wisconsin.