Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-24-2007, 1:21 PM Reply   
Anyone use this sac? It is hard to get a decent picture of it to see where the ports are and whether I will have access to fill them on my boat.....

This would be NOT the triangle bow sac but the U shaped one for under the seats.

Anyone?
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-24-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
I've got it. They redesigned it after the first year or so. If you buy a new one, there are 5 ports. One on the top of the bag up front in the center, two on the legs of the bag at the top, and two on the legs of the bag at the bottom. I use the top center hole for venting, the bottom two for draining, and one of the top leg holes for filling.

People say they can only get a couple hundred pounds in it but I feel like I can get it 75% full in my 205V.
Old     (yeldarb)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
I've got it as well. Mine's in a 2005 X2, it seems like the ports aren't as well placed as they could be. I can only easily get to the center one. It's good for filling, but to empty you have to be completely stopped because the slightest movement sends all the water towards the back of the bag.

It is fantastic for my wake though.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-24-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
If you use a jabsco ballast puppy or simmer style pump, you can put a check valve on the vent and it will pull the sack completely empty and not allow air to enter the bag while discharging. These pumps will pump air bubbles and won't loose their prime if a bubble happens to get in the bag. I only use one side (passenger side) to fill/empty and this setup will pull 99% of the water out every time. If my memory and calculations are right, I figured that you could get less than half of the weight with the space in my X1
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       07-24-2007, 5:19 PM Reply   
Pictures? Did someone say pictures???

Mine may be one of the earlier versions(?), but with 1 Simer pump dedicated to this bag I have never had any issue getting it completely dry. Yes...there is a check valve on the vent line.

Upload
Upload

(Message edited by phat in cincy on July 24, 2007)
Old     (wakebdr2002)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-25-2007, 6:30 AM Reply   
I used to use one in my old X-star (205 V) and it worked great. I left it filled most of the time since that boat needs weight up front. As others have said, you won't get it completely full in most boats.