Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-05-2011, 8:09 AM Reply   
I am doing some research for a friend on a good "intermediate" board and boots for a maximum of $450 max. I have been looking at the Ronix Kai and Ronix District boots along with the Ronix Mana, Vault, and district boards. Anyone have any info on any of these or any other good setups? (im kind of partial to Ronix becuase I have the One setup and like it so much.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2011, 9:41 AM Reply   
I'm partial to the price point CWB boards, because they are mostly all ex-pro models that were handed down to the price point boards. You can get a CWB Pure pretty cheap, and it's the retired Absolute mold.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-05-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
Liquid Force Trip is a great board. Used to be a pro model and still is a great shape.

Same with the PS3, good board. More aggressive than the Trip.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-05-2011, 10:09 AM Reply   
Hyperlite Premier or Hyperlite Forefront are great intermediate boards. Check them out.
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-05-2011, 12:55 PM Reply   
Thanks for the updates so far. What about a good price point binding? The person this is pretty much what I consider as a casual rider who doesnt ride very often but I know a good pair/bad pair of bindings can either make or break the whole package.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2011, 1:19 PM Reply   
I ride the CWB Vapor. They are price point, but they don't feel that way. They have the hindge for easy entry, and velcro straps for a firm hold, and adjustability. They are stiff enough to support, but not too stiff. I actually prefer them over the pro models.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/products/in..._detail&p=5623

I think they're under $200
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-05-2011, 1:22 PM Reply   
I think you can get a Vapor/Pure package for around $299. A great deal for a excellent ride. Check your local board shop or search around online.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-05-2011, 1:23 PM Reply   
Probably boat show pricing, but I don't doubt you could find a similar deal.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-05-2011, 1:35 PM Reply   
1+ on the Trip. Great board. It will take you as far as you want to go. Plus they are cheap, fun and easy to ride! (the same way I like my women) Sorry couldn't resist.

If i'm not mistaken, Harley Clifford rode the trip until 2 season ago.

Good luck on the search.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-05-2011, 7:47 PM Reply   
LF Witness/Transit package has to be a contender. Good board for beginner all the way up. The package this year is $399. Benny G, Adam Fields, and Steel Lafferty all rocking this shape.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-06-2011, 4:56 AM Reply   
CWB Pure/Vapor combo is hard to beat
The CWB Kink/Vapor is also a great setup for good price.
The CWB Faction/Faction is a great setup, if you are looking for closed toe boots.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-06-2011, 1:46 PM Reply   
I love putting intermediates on the O'brien Player. I have seen that board time and time again really help people inprove thier riding.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       05-07-2011, 9:01 PM Reply   
CWB packages - many great values - old promodel shape with great bindings (300-400)
Hyperlite Premier packages (400-500) - one of the all time best performing shapes -everyone from Harf, Rusty to Palma has rode this
Liquid Force PS3 Package - (400-500) - Equal to the Hyperlite Premier in performance, just a bit different ride style.
Ronix - Mana and Vault are great setups as well.

I would see if you have a proshop that carries some of these boards and see if they have a demo program. This was a program I implemented back in the day. Most of the time the demo $ is put towards what ever setup you decide to go with. Great way to test the waters before buying, plus establish a great relationship with your shop. Good luck and have fun testing