Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (whoisrockey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-19-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
OK guys serious help needed. I am 3 days away from picking up an '01 centurion elite bow rider
and i just found another boat that i think might be a better choice for me. It is a 21' 2000 Sky supreme wakeboard series. What do you think is the best move. its all about the wake for me. the sky supreme is a little more but i can justify a little. the supreme has a few things i like better. less hours 180 compared to 380 with the centurion. a bimini top ( centurion does not have one) and it just seems to be in a little better shape. the centurion is cheaper 20,500 compared to 24,000. both direct drives. both have the EXACT same motor. the hull on the supreme looks quite a bit deeper to me. anyone have any experience with these two boats. the one thing i dont like is the swim deck is built in to the boat on the supreme. any exp. positive or negative on built in swim decks? any help is great. obviously the supreme sounds like a better deal but i need to know what you guys think.
Thanks in advance.
Old     (joe1975)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-19-2006, 7:43 PM Reply   
IMO the supreme will have a better wake, better ride, and more storage. Is that the Medalist boat? I personally always liked that built in platform, it seems to protect you more and gives the boat a nice look.....just my opinion. I do know that the Elite DD is a real narrow boat, and throws a nice waterski wake.
Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-19-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
Centurion and Supreme are both made by the same company which is fineline. I have a supreme and have nothing bad to say it's alot of boat for the money.
Old     (whoisrockey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-19-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
thanks guys any other people have good experiences with supremes?
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-19-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
we also own a supreme and again, other then the ballast probs and it needing some weight up front we love it. i always heard that centurion did a better job with fit/finish of their interiors but i think that was on the newer boats
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-19-2006, 9:25 PM Reply   
That seems like alot for the Supreme. When I was looking for boats I saw a few of Supreme V-drives for less than that. All looked to be in good shape with extras.......
Old     (blazin4life)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-20-2006, 9:04 AM Reply   
centurions are dope though...
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-20-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
My gal had a Centurian Elite OB. No matter how we weighed it, the wake sucked. The bow dove when loaded heavy enough in the front to keep the wake from rolling. The boat cavitated with even a slight turn. Their gelcoat is also thin and crappy. I could go on and on...

Just say n to dope!
Old     (whoisrockey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-20-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
Ok. so basically everyone thinks the supreme sounds like a better deal. I have talked to the guy and i'm pretty sure i can get it for 22,000. blue book is what he was asking 24,500. I was leaning towards it as well i just wanted to know. Does that sound like a good deal. The boat is basically perfect. the decals on the side are peeling but thats it. huge bimini single stock ballast. great interior 180 hours, nice stereo. does everyone think this is a good deal? come on guys yay or nay?
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-20-2006, 12:47 PM Reply   
Have you considered other brands? The price for the Supreme is high, as I have seen them sell for much less in the Bay Area of NorCal.

There are many good brands out there and the two posted here have some incredible wakes. They are just to give you an idea of what is out there. Remember the price posted is always negotiable.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/287133.html?1140918561

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/279884.html?1138118828