Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-23-2012, 8:16 PM Reply   

from ryan allison on Vimeo.

Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-23-2012, 9:10 PM Reply   
nice work! Next step take it all to blind
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-24-2012, 7:22 AM Reply   
thanks Mark, im thinking back mobe next
Old     (tige21i)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-24-2012, 8:28 AM Reply   
Definitely needed some sick cable park action to get me psyched while I'm sitting here at work. 8 p
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-24-2012, 10:56 AM Reply   
Ugh, this just makes me hate living in California. It's like the land of the lost as far as cable riding goes. I guess if desert wake doesn't reopen soon, I might be on a plane to Texas this summer. Sick video.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-24-2012, 3:35 PM Reply   
Looking great! Glad to see they make a cable that favors regular-stanced riders.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-24-2012, 7:23 PM Reply   
Nice video! im just learning air tricks myself, just breaking through the mental barrier associated with letting my front edge catch on purpose lol
Old     (dizzlestoy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-10-2012, 12:04 PM Reply   
Any vids of you running into sliders?
lol
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-10-2012, 8:19 PM Reply   
^^^^^hahaha i WISH! i almost met my maker that day......the good slams are never caught on tape....
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       07-11-2012, 6:19 AM Reply   
Is that 3rd corner the best place to throw those tricks? I don't understand the best places to try stuff. I guess you edge and time your release right when the cable is going around the wheel at the 3rd corner and gives a pretty good tug? Nice job man. I ride Hydrous and love it.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-11-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
a lot of people say the best place (with the best tension) to do the load line tricks is after tower 6 (at hydrous) which is right in front of the dock. For some reason i do most of my loads better between tower 4&5 which is where these tricks were done. There is a great instructional for your first load lines on learnwake.com. You want to wait a second after the carrier passes through the tower before you initiate the load that way you are deeper in the water which allows you to build more line tension.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-11-2012, 9:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skull View Post
Is that 3rd corner the best place to throw those tricks? I don't understand the best places to try stuff. I guess you edge and time your release right when the cable is going around the wheel at the 3rd corner and gives a pretty good tug? Nice job man. I ride Hydrous and love it.
Rob, timing your trick to coincide with the carrier going around the wheel is pretty unusual, and IIRC it's not allowed at some places. You want to initiate your cut right after the carrier rounds the wheel because the cable is tightest when the carrier is close to the corner.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-11-2012, 6:25 PM Reply   
ah the days of super raleys! Yeh if you time your scoop right before the carrier clicks you can go massive, everyone pretty much stopped doing since its pretty dangerous. You can still get some of the effect by taking a wide cut around the corner and edging super hard but short right after the click, thats pretty fun.

If youre after a good tutorial my mate made this a while ago, pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwEQgc72CIA
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-11-2012, 8:39 PM Reply   
Mark, would you recommend stargazing my first blind judge attempts? Not let my arms out as much? load less? . I tried a couple back mobes and tweaked my knee so im gonna stay away from that for a moment.
Thanks

Last edited by devildog_ra; 07-11-2012 at 8:40 PM. Reason: sp