Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-16-2006, 7:21 PM Reply   
I just sold my boat and am in the market for a new one with cash in hand. My budget is right about the $55,000 mark out the door if possible. I would like a boat around the 23-24 foot range. The boat will primarily be used for boarding and surfing. The boats I am looking at are the 23 lsv, Tige 24ve, and the centurion Enzo. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments or ideas on another boat. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-16-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
I would definately take the lsv. Great wake and room. Just great all around boat. The enzo is great for surfing. Tige is a nice boat but wake can't compare in my opinion.
Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-16-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
Has anyone messed around with the new switchblade on the enzo. Good - bad ? Any thoughts. I know the enzo is good for surfing but how about for boarding.?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-16-2006, 8:20 PM Reply   
I don’t understand why Fineline doesn’t put a little Switch Blade info on their web site. They should show some before and after wake pictures and videos. You have to know what the thing is before you look at the web site. The only reference that I’ve seen is the options table.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-16-2006, 8:35 PM Reply   
I would give the Moomba XLV a serious look & test drive, killer boat in 06 and save yourself 10K. You might be surprised............
Old     (joe1975)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-16-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
I dont know much about the 23 lsv but i think it is one of Malibu's older hulls. The enzo has been around for a while too. The 24ve is a new boat for this year.
Enzo- 23 feet, 3500lbs, rated for 12 people
Tige- 24 feet, 4320lbs, rated for 16 people
LSV- 23 feet, 3900lbs, rated for 14 people

Performance wise, even though the Tige is heavier and bigger, it will be more nimble and quicker with equal amounts of horsepower. Here are the numbers from WaterSki Mag boat buyers guide.

Tige 0-30 with 340hp= 5.5 seconds
Enzo 0-30 with 340hp= 6.1 seconds
LSV 0-30 with 450hp= 5.1 seconds (but 450hp!!!)

This also means that the tige is more fuel efficient. The transoms on the Enzo and Tige are very user friendly. The Tige walk thru is sturdier than the enzo, and the bench cut into the transom for getting your gear on is much bigger. The swim platform is huge on the tige, the lsv platform is kinda small.

Malibu takes the prize for fit and finish on the interior, even though seats/upholstery frames are screwed into the boat, instead of being an integral part of the mold, like Tige and Centurion. The Tige has the higest weight capacity out of the three, at 2200lbs. I know the Centurion is lacking in this department- can anyone tell us what it is? I think it is about 1400lbs???

If it comes down to dealerships, try to make sure your dealer has a service department, and doesnt 'contract' out it's service. When this happens, the customer always loses, because the selling dealer has no connection with the service department, and is just concerned with selling the boat instead of complete customer satisfaction.

(Mark i work for Tige locally here in Sacramento, so i may be biased but i wanted to let you hear some highlights between the 3 boats)

Good luck. Try to demo theme all, you will see major differences! Let us know how this progresses!

Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-16-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
Check out the Supra 24SSV.
Old    00smizz            03-16-2006, 9:43 PM Reply   
Who cares if you have 55k to spend you will get a great boat. I personaly like mc and bu wakes the best. Supra coming in a close 3rd but thats just me and have not riden behind every boat out there. Good luck! I do however have a friend who is selling a loaded malibu lsv 23 with 90 hours for under 50k. 1 year oldhttp://www.flipsell.com/Phase3/home/DispVehicle.asp?VehicleID=8931
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-16-2006, 9:51 PM Reply   
mobius XLV, 23' and holds 16 people and a price you cant beat
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-16-2006, 10:26 PM Reply   
Joe, the Malibu 23 LSV changed hulls in 2004. The 2004 and above are on the V25 Wake hull, and the pre 2004's are on the V25 Diamond hull.
Old     (xsmini)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-17-2006, 6:48 AM Reply   
even though the boats might be rated for a certain amount of people, 9 times out of 10, you can't physically sit that amount on the capacity tag.
Performance, fit and finish, handling, A solid company, and a good dealer network are all things to consider. Malibu has them all
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-17-2006, 7:11 AM Reply   
I saw the supra 24 V at the boat show and was very impressed. I would take the time to check it out if i were in your shoes.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-17-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
Don't forget about the Sanger V230 as well, it has a great wake. Of the three you mentioned the only one i have much time on is the LSV. Its an incredible boat, so smooth and such a nice wake.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       03-17-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
Joe, is there a disadvantage to having the "seat/upholstery frames screwed to the boat"?
Old     (sbruns)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-17-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
Marc,

All of the boats you are looking at are good. I think you should also look at and demo the Moomba and Supra.

The Mobius XLV is a good boat, if you are looking for a little more, the Supra 24SSV is a GREAT boat! The guys at American Marine Sports in Sacramento will take excellent care of you. They are a bunch of "Top Notch" Professionals, I can't say enough about them. Demo's are very important as is the Service Department.

Ask for Sean or Jeff.