Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (jrogers26)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-03-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
Is there any wakeboarding in/around London? I'm sure there is, just wanna see the likelihood of getting on the water.

I'm gonna be studying there next summer, and need to ride!
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-03-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
Wake MK is a cable park in Milton Keynes (about 50 miles N of London). There are also a number of small waterskiing lakes west of London that I think do wakeboarding.
Old     (xesstar)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-06-2006, 4:09 AM Reply   
Hi Jordon,
Check out http://www.princesclub.com/
http://www.jbwaterski.com
http://www.quaysws.co.uk
The scene is big with alot of sick riders.
All are near london, princes and JB have boats and the cable like OWC. The quays has mastercraft x boats. All are world class spots.
They should keep you busy during you studies.
Old     (closer)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-06-2006, 4:26 AM Reply   
are there any facilities in Devon. I have been looking on the net but can not see any. MY son goes to school in Devon and hates the fact that he can not ride. He only gets to ride in his holidays when he comes back home.
Old     (xesstar)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-06-2006, 8:11 AM Reply   
Hi Mark,

I have no idea about Devon, get him in the surf down there!
How's Tenerife for wakeboarding?
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-06-2006, 3:38 PM Reply   
Heres a couple in Devon

www.exmouthskiclub.com

www.plymouth-water-ski-club.co.uk
Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-07-2006, 9:39 AM Reply   
if you happen to be flying in to heathrow airport then princes club is just around the corner. you could easaily walk there and is one of the best facilities the UK has to offer. check out ther websiteb ther is two cables and 5 boat lakes! www.princesclub.com.

also i recomend jb ski for sliders on the cable. www.jbski.com

toby
Old     (jrogers26)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-08-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
thanks a lot guys. for a second there, thought i was gonna have to go thru wakeboarding withdrawals.
Old     (doubleup_dan)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-08-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
princes and jbski are good for cable riding but thier boats there suck if you want an X2 really loaded with big wake then go to www.quaysws.co.uk
Old     (closer)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-12-2006, 5:15 AM Reply   
Thanks Dave will get him to check them out. He has a leave weekend from school coming up this week so maybe he can give it a try.

John

He has been going to school in Devon for just over a year now and has only been surfing in north devon one time. He finds the water cold after having grown up in Tenerife his whole life. I think he will get used to it once he gets a thick enough wetsuit!! Tenerife is not brilliant for wakeboarding. We only have the ocean so often conditions are not great. The early mornings is what we go for before the wind picks up. We do have some days when it is windstill all day but they are rare. Saying that the sun is shining all year and the water is warm. So no real complaints.
Old    alexc            11-14-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
Hey Jordan, Dan's right for sure, The Quays is by far the best boat riding lake in London. There's a sick new X2 and a pub on site so it's a pretty cool set up. Check it out at www.quaysws.co.uk
Old     (jrogers26)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-14-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
cool! the quayside rates are just kind of expensive... $50 for a 15 minute pull?!
who am i kidding? i'll pay it.