Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       06-28-2010, 11:10 AM Reply   
Have any of you used ACME's prop repair service before? I put a few dings in my prop this past weekend and called them about repiar which seemed to be right in line with what local repair shops near me charge. The only difference is a shipping charge which wasn't too bad. I also like the idea of them repairing the prop since they obviously know what they are doing. Just wondering if anyone has used their services before for repair.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-30-2010, 3:31 PM Reply   
I bought a prop that was sent in for repair & It has no vibration ,But you can see where the CNC marks were gone in some spots where it was fixed. I,m thinking about sending it to them when I have some pitch taken out.. (Acme 515)
Old    mojo            06-30-2010, 5:04 PM Reply   
not sure if you're on PN, but there has been nothing but bad things to say about their repair service. good things about new product, but horrible about service.
Old     (JasonL)      Join Date: May 2010       07-13-2010, 7:38 PM Reply   
UPDATE....

I received my prop back from ACME today. They had it for one week so including shipping the whole transaction took 1.5 weeks. The prop looks good and is back on my boat now. I will not get a chance to test the performance this weekend, but I will update again with results.

For now I can say everything looks god. Most all the machining grooves are gone from the grinding done during balancing, but all the blades look to be true. In total the repair with shipping to/from ACME cost me just under $130... Not bad considering my local shop wanted $160. Granted that was a price quote for site unseen repairs. It may have been just about the same price. Now I just need to see if it runs vibration free, then I will eventually get my back-up prop fixed as well.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-15-2010, 5:58 PM Reply   
I wonder if the shop used prop blocks or it was scanned? They send them out but the guy I talked to said they check them when it comes back..
Old     (JasonL)      Join Date: May 2010       07-26-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
Another update...

I finally got back out on the water yesterday and the prop performed perfectly with no noticeable vibration. I can't speak for anyone else's dealings with ACME's prop repair, but mine was a very good experience.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-26-2010, 2:02 PM Reply   
I did, and wow looks new. I called them and ACME has a sister store that fixes them in Lodi, real cheap and great work