Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (jaka)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-15-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
Hay. Soon i will be going on a plane with my wakeboard and i dont have the boardbag yet. I am buying the plane tickets in a couple of days. So i need to know the dimensions of the boardbag(length, widht, weight). I will probably be buying one with wheels. Can someone please do me a favor, and mesaure/weight his bag.
Thanks!
Old     (thomas_arballo)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-15-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
Just some advice on the whole flying thing, it will cost an arm and a leg already for checking those bags. The only airline that doesnt charge very much is Southwest. If the airline knows it's a foam core item (surfboard, wakeboard, etc.) The price goes up, and many airlines won't insure it... What I do is if you have an address to mail it to, do that. With UPS it cost me 25 bucks to ship it from Dallas, TX to San Jose, CA. Good Luck bro.

P.S. With shipping, they will insure it no problems.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-15-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
checkout slingshot... they make a bag that looks like it should be golf clubs...

cuts the costs of "waterski/wakeboard" extra fees.

http://www.slingshotsports.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2851/.f?sc=46&category=12420

but if you're taking a long trip +1 for just UPSing the gear
Old     (thomas_arballo)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-15-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
Liquid Force also makes the "PGA" bag...And if you're set on taking it with you, just tell them it's a snowboard, but if they inspect it, they will charge you.
Old     (jaka)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-16-2009, 2:58 AM Reply   
I saw that golf bag:-). If i can get it here, i will consider it. I am going from europe to philippines, so Im not sure about sending it there.
I still need the dimensions, so maybe the agency where im buying the tickets, can work something out for me!