Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (skymsshel)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-17-2008, 11:43 AM Reply   
Is this normal with the wear n'tear of a wakeboard?
I have a Ronix 08 Dahlia and the clear coat is cracking by the word Ronix.
Old     (sheehan)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-17-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
I have an 08 ibex and the clear coat is beyond cracked. Looks like a spider webbed piece of broken glass. I called Ronix and we're not the only ones with this problem.
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-17-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
Yeah my bro's One is the same. My Covin is fine though
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-17-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
My Ibex got "fogged" almost....the cold of fall made the whole shiney metal part look like a fogged up window
Old     (sciotorider)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-18-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
take it to your local ronix dealer they should warranty them. i have an 08 ibex with the same spider craking problem and my local dealer is warranting the board for me
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-18-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
my ibex also "fogged" and had a bunch of spider cracks. Does anyone no if they fixed the problem for 09?
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-19-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
My 07 One is trashed. The coating all around both sets of inserts is completely gone and working its way around the rest of the board. Doesn't effect performance, just looks crappy.
Old     (leeflood86)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-02-2008, 6:36 AM Reply   
my ibex has gone the same 'spiders web and foggy', ronix have said they will replace it but i have to trash my old board either drill holes or snap it and send them a picture, has anyone got a pic of a trashed ibex 2008?? if so could you please email it to me leeflood86@hotmail.com
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       12-02-2008, 6:45 AM Reply   
Will they really warranty that? Mine is also spider cracked and fogged. I have the 08 Ibex and love it. If you don't have a local dealer do you just go through Ronix?
Old     (leeflood86)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-02-2008, 6:52 AM Reply   
i live in th uk but board my board in florida so i just emailed the dealer i bought it from, sent some pictures and they have said they will send me a new board and because they have run out of 2008 boards ill be getting an 2009, only problem is they want me to drill or snap my old board and send them pictures first which i dont want to do so i need someones picturs if anyone has any. i did email ronix first and they said contact your supplying dealer
Old     (sheehan)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-02-2008, 6:57 AM Reply   
Im 99% sure Ronix will not deal straight with customers. You have to go through your local ronix dealer Dan.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-02-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
Lee, why not just do what the dealer asked you to do?
Destroy the board, so somebody else doesn't try to warranty the board a second time later on.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-02-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
IMO, this era of 'warranting' has gone a little too far. I respect the industry for actually being willing to warranty the boards like they do...but get really ticked at people trying to rip off the system. If you want a new board, don't try to get a picture of someone else's board...that is downright dishonest. Break your board and get a new one. How hard is that? If you aren't willing to do that...then keep your old board. Its like these people I see bringing things back to stores..."Uh...I got this toilet paper, and I used it, but it didn't hold up to my rigid standards...so I'd like to bring it back". Sheesh.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-02-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
yeah lee nobody is gunna send u a picture of anything like that dont try and scam the system by ending up with 2 boards if they warantee it its because your lucky but they are going to expect u to play by the rules to so drill the wholes and make a bench or snap it.............
Old    sealyon.net            12-02-2008, 4:10 PM Reply   
If the cracks are only in the clear coat it will be up to your dealer to make the call on replacing it. Also you may need your receipt, some dealers buy demo's and sell them as 1st's. if your dealer bought demo's it may not be warrented.
Old     (leeflood86)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-03-2008, 1:42 AM Reply   
yeh fair play, see everyone point of view just going to drill the board and have a bench