Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-10-2010, 7:45 PM Reply   
Early this spring I hit a log in the water and couldn't see any visible damage to the hull. I completed shaft measurements to find that there was no damage to the shaft at all. I got to thinking that I didn't inspect the prop from the side at all just looked at the face of each blade and so went and looked at it again tonight. The pictures are the small bends that I found. I would say that the pictures actually make it look worse than it is, but do you think this is enough to cause the vibration that I'm feeling while accelerating? Can damage like this be repaired?

Additionally, when I spin the prop with the boat out of the water, it vibrates and makes noise. I was just thinking this was because there is no water lubricating the packing and strut bearing. Does anyone elses make this noise when you spin the prop by hand while the boat is on the trailer?
Attached Images