Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-22-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
Ok Quick question I have toe 5s on lock now I've tried a couple toe 7s but should I bail on the handle till i get the axis more worked out cause im afraid im gonna get worked if i hang on the blind... plus my toe 3s to blind arent all the great
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-22-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
if I half ass a trick I usually get it way worse than just going for it.... can you throw 5's offaxis... OA is waaaay easier than on-axis
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-22-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
No, no Offaxis ive been tryin them on the tramp but just can seem to get back to my feet. Yah my only prob is if i go for it i usually end up hucking it and get way off axis and die. Thats what happens when i try heel 7s off a d^
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-22-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
Practice toe 3s without a hanlde pass that will get you used the feeling of the blind landing and get used to the boat tugging on you in that position. I would suggest practicing the rotation on a tramp if possible.

For most people doing an OA TS 7 is easier than a on axis 7s. I have noticed over the years teaching people this trick, that the hardest part for most people is do make the trick one motion instead of 2. Most people, when learning think, do a 5 with another 180, that works for gpoing from 3 to 5, but not from 5 to 7. That causes them to spot the landing at 540 which stops your rotatoin dead and will cause you to get owned. Learning on a tramp will help you make the move 1 motion.

Remember Getting Slammed is part of the game especially when you are trying to up your game like this. The First 7s you try will result in some pretty good slams, but in the end the fist time you ride it out is amazing.

Good Luck hope this helps-
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-22-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
Any suggestions on how to work on getting off axis down or is it one of those things u just have to feel?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-22-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
insted of a pull straigh back to your rear hip its more downward + rear hip, other than that just let your shoulders drift down sorta like a scarecrow.....but not as much
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-22-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
Get your 3's down solid. Then your 7's will be much easier to learn.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-22-2008, 10:24 AM Reply   
1 more suggestion I have after reading you last post is to make sure you dont "Huck" a seven. You have to be in control of this trick or else it will get away from you quick. I honestly take a smaller cut for my 7s than for my 5s. I try and bring my approach to the wake fast and hard with a short length to the wake. Try and bring the trick up instead of out. When I hear the term "hucking" I usually think about some one blasting into the wake and launching a trick way into the flats totally out of control. Wakeboarding, especially moves link sevens and nines require complete control and to certain extent a little finesse.
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-22-2008, 10:31 AM Reply   
I'll have to try that thanks