Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-11-2003, 4:22 PM Reply   
Ive been riding my 2002 hyperlite motive 134, and it has been very good to me, but it didnt grow with me, so that meens time to look for a bigger board, im currently 6ft and 160 pounds, but im expecting to grow to 6'4. Im looking at cwb boards cause nothing from hyperlite is looking good to me this year, so im looking at the 2004 CWB Prodigy 140. so im looking for a board that will last me a while for i will be going to college at some point and money will be short. So ne thoughts on the the board or ne other boards you think i might waant to look at, and next season im going to demo a handful of boards, but im looking to get my research going now. thnx in advance
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-11-2003, 4:33 PM Reply   
I highly recommend the Absolute. There are two options for fins this year to suit your preference. I have not ridden the Prodigy but I have heard good things about it. I think both will ride a lot different than your motive. What are you looking for in a board?
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-11-2003, 5:25 PM Reply   
Im looking for a lil bit more pop, so a 3-stage or subtle 3-stage. Ive not been able to ride much so ive just cleared the wake, and working on 180's and such, but im hoping that this next season ill get a lot of riding in, so something a lil more agressive than the motive. also i duno if i would want to go for like a 137 or like a 140. and blabel ive seen you in videos and u rule!
Old    walt            10-11-2003, 6:36 PM Reply   
Take a look at the Premier 140 you can ride it with or with out fins and It has a subtle 3-stage rocker.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-11-2003, 8:12 PM Reply   
I would check out the Absolute and Prodigy to see which one you like. If you haven't already, try the Premier just for comparison. You may or may not like it better.

Oh, and thanks by the way!
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-11-2003, 9:30 PM Reply   
Ok cool thnx guys! hopefully it will warm up for a month here in norcal, so i can hopefully demo some of these boards, i've riden the premier b4 i didnt like it, but it was a bad day on the lake, so i'll try it again. Also how are CWB bindings, ive got my 3060's right now i like em, but i out grew those too, i thought my feet wouldnt go past 12 ft, but now they r 13 :-/ arrg. so thanks again everyone!
Old    jbf            10-12-2003, 10:14 AM Reply   
i,ve got both.imo the prodigy tracks a little more then a absolute but the absolute has a little more pop.i changed the stock fins and replaced them by a pair of LF fusion fins.
now it feels just a little faster but still loose
how i like it to be.
great boards both of them.
Old     (snead)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-12-2003, 12:29 PM Reply   
I'm pushing 6' 6" and the biggest thing I look for in a board (lately) is the stance width. Take a tape measure with you and measure the stances. This years premier is wider than the Prodigy I was riding. It's amazing what an inch or two can feel liker
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-14-2003, 11:43 PM Reply   
I was looking at buywake.com today and saw the prue 141 with xxl torq's which is the right size for me for a low(?) $399. First of all what do you guys think of this board, and do you think it would be too big for me?
Thanks
Chris
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-15-2003, 7:21 AM Reply   
That board sounds like the right size for you. It will be weird going from a 134 ro a 141 but you'll get used to it and probably grow to like it better. I would personally go for some better bindings IMO.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-15-2003, 7:27 AM Reply   
i would avoid the torq bindings. they tear really easily, from the two people i know that have them. i have zeus, they are super comfy, and lighter than HL bindings, but like all bindings have their tearing weakness.

i have ridden the absolute and find it rides a lot higher in the water than the hyperlites. this is an undesirable feature for me. is the pure the absolute with white graphics? if so i highly recommend you take it for a test ride. two friends of mine that got absolutes got rid of them because they didn't like the ride. some people I know really like them though. didn't notice any pop increase from my byerly or parks. i have heard a lot of great things about the prodigy and no bad comments, so i would look at that. can't offer you any first hand experience because i broke my leg before i got the opportunity to ride one.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-15-2003, 7:31 AM Reply   
That's why its important to ride the board before you buy. I have found two people who didn't care for the Prodigy but only one that didn't like the Absolute. And I think that had to so with the fact that I had small fins on it.

But again, definitely buy better bidings.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-15-2003, 11:15 AM Reply   
ok, cool thanks guys, yea im hoping to ride the begining of november if it stays warm, im might do a demo that day, but not sure. So what bindings should i go for? I've been eyeing the era's cause they look like the old 3060's with the heel strap, nothing from LF is really calling me, and i dont really know much about CWB bindings. So thanks again!

Chris
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-15-2003, 11:52 AM Reply   
Hyperlitenrd,
sounds like your a big guy... i'm 5'11 and 175lbs and I ride a 143... I know everyone like different size board, but kinda suprised your worried about a board being to big for you... Not sure exactly what you like in boards but the bigger ones (especially for your size) you might like better... But overall I would say nothing under an 140, but what do i know.... safest way is to demo
Old     (jefefitz)      Join Date: May 2002       10-15-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
chris,

I have an 03 premier 140 and a 04 prodigy 140 at the shop for demo. Unfortunately I don't have to much in the way of demo bindings right now but if you want to try the boards come on in. both are for sale if you decide you are interested.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-15-2003, 1:49 PM Reply   
Hey jeff! yea if i end up getting a ride before it gets too cold ill come down and demo one of the boards.

Aaron yea i dont know why i think the board would be too big for me, mabey its just because i've been ridding my 134 since 2002, so iduno
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-15-2003, 5:03 PM Reply   
I was looking at boardersparadise.com and was lookin at the 2004 prodigy 140, and it said riders up to 150 pounds...
here is the link
http://www.boardersparadise.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=04prod140&Ca tegory_Code=A1c2&Product_Count=3

is it just an error?
Old    rdierolf            10-15-2003, 7:36 PM Reply   
i imagine it is. if you take a look at the 135 size it says up to 150. they probably just used the same specs for the diffrent sized board. u might want to check out the cwb website they have sizes for sure. I would think the 140 would fit u good.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-15-2003, 7:49 PM Reply   
Cool cool, now i have to justify buying a new board....
Old     (cramey)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-15-2003, 9:55 PM Reply   
i ride the cwb prodigy platinum 140, i'm 200.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-15-2003, 10:33 PM Reply   
Cool ill probley be up there when im done growing and all.

What bindings are you guys liking these days? Since you all seem to be all very nice, and have good suggestions

Thanks some more

Chris
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-16-2003, 5:02 PM Reply   
Ne bindings? you think i should give a whirl?
Old    rdierolf            10-16-2003, 5:41 PM Reply   
well if youre gonna try new boards why not go to the shop and try on as many bindings as you can, they usually let you try them on for free.

I would highly recomend any lf or hype bindings, but if they have something u are interested in at all try them on!
Old    couchboy_wake            10-16-2003, 8:44 PM Reply   
CWB is so tat
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-16-2003, 10:09 PM Reply   
Yea my local boarders paradise is my favorite place to spend my money, they are all very nice down there. i just dont think im going to try on every type of binding they have, but i just might...
Old    rdierolf            10-17-2003, 6:58 AM Reply   
you live in santa clara? you should head over to cope & mcphetres. where is the place you go to now?
Old    rdierolf            10-17-2003, 7:00 AM Reply   
oh yeah and 30 minutes of your time trying on 10 pairs of bindings is much better than choosing the first bindings you see and then hating them. Like I said, try on all the bindings that appeal to you.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-17-2003, 11:13 AM Reply   
Yea alright sounds good, now i have to convice my parents/me its a good idea for me to get a newboard/bindings.

And yea i go to cope and mcpheters, its boarders paradise who runs the pro shop i think, cause ive seen the BP logo on their shirt, but im not sure.
Old    shanny            10-19-2003, 6:40 PM Reply   
guys the torq binding arent good at all????
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-19-2003, 7:16 PM Reply   
Yea do all of them rip alot or is it just 1 or 2 here and there?
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-21-2003, 6:38 PM Reply   
ne one? do the torqs rip alot? like have alot of people you know rip them?
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-21-2003, 7:58 PM Reply   
No, I have not heard of them ripping much at all same overlays as the mobes too. I know the shop i work for has sold a ton of em and almost nine have come back, i think like 1 or 2 out of prob 50 pairs
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-21-2003, 8:20 PM Reply   
Oh so thats not any worse than any of the other companies