Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    alanp            11-29-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
hey my aunt has a small home business(does about 100k in sales a year) and she is looking to start a website. i offered my help but dont really know where to start. basically looking to allow customers to purchase her products online. i figured initially customers could do just email the orders and then pay for the purchases via paypal. any recommendations on webhosts that would accommodate this and not cost alot? i have essentially no experience building a site and hopefully didnt bite off more than i could chew.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-29-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
hosting - sharkspace
web design - wordpress...it's easy. if i can do it, anyone can. easy to customize and tons of plugins for anything and everything.
Old    alanp            11-29-2010, 9:08 AM Reply   
cool thanks joe ill check them out.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-29-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
You can also check out. godaddy.com. You can buy your domain from them and they also host emails websites etc. Plus the customer service is 2nd to none.

You can also build a pretty decent website with their website tonight software. It is super and I mean super easy! I told my broken english gardner that never really owned a computer about it and he built himself a really nice looking site. It's super cheap. Something like 10-15 bucks a month. Do you have a domain for your biz yet?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-29-2010, 9:26 AM Reply   
also check out joomla.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-29-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
i'm currently w/ godaddy. i thought they were good at first, but now, i wouldn't recommend them. their hosting and tech support suck. i'll be switching to sharkspace once my hosting is up for renewal.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-29-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
A friend of mine uses digitalriver.com.
Old    bigdtx            11-29-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
For a simple turnkey solution check out yahoo store - can be up in a couple of hours. Also consider setting up an ebay or amazon store - both will help get her some additional traffic right away - depending on the type of product.