Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (big_matt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-09-2007, 6:28 AM Reply   
Help a guy out, Looking for ideas on where to place a sub or subs? I am just starting my first sound system for my 98 Supra, mid engine. My first thought is drivers foot-well. Any insight is appreciated.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-09-2007, 6:47 AM Reply   
The driver's bulkhead is a great place to mount a sub. Placed out of the way to stay dry, doesn't take up floor space. You can go with a (bullet proof vest on) Free-Air (infinite baffle) sub and not loose any storage area there. Or mount a box to the back of the wall and only loose some space.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-10-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
Big Matt, I mounted a sub in the same location on my Supra and it's great it's out of the way and sounds great I do recommend getting a decent grill for it though I have one friend that just jackasses into everything and if I didn't have one on mine he would've kicked it in by now . . . just my .02

(Message edited by lovin_the_wake on December 10, 2007)

(Message edited by lovin_the_wake on December 10, 2007)
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-11-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
I am planning on installing one sub on each side of my Calabria pro V in the rear storage lockers. I will be firing them forward and making vents into the seating cabin. Has anyone else ever done this? Pics would be extremely greatful.

I am also installing four batteries next to the two subs. I will still have enough room for 4-90 can coolers(my friends drink in very large amounts), 4-275lb custom made fat sacs, or I can do 2 fat sacs with two coolers. This keeps the weight even and allows me to setup for what my day entails.

I surf and board during the week and on Sat but Sun is just tying up and partying for 8 hrs.

Please post pics of any stereo projects...I love to brainstorm with everyone.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       12-11-2007, 10:50 AM Reply   
I did this under my back seat on my old boat ( down fire)

Upload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       12-11-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
I curretnly haev 2 10w6's ( ported) in my lockers ( facing back) and one 12 L7 under the helm. The 10w6's take up no ballast space, but are heard much better when just tied up. the engine nosie cancels out alot of the sub. I'm going to tinker with the port tuning over the winter or maybe even go to a sealed box and see if I can get better sound out of them.

The one 12 L7 ( only 600 RMS) hits very hard in a sealed box under the dash.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-11-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
got mine in my VLX in the drivers foot well

we mounted in facing right......towards the hull

has a great sound

and the kids like to see the ripples in the water

ha!
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-12-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
96 sanger mid engine...subs in foot well. Picture shows box not pushed all the way back. Does take up some leg room, but worth the trade off.

Upload