Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-02-2013, 12:17 PM Reply   
Hello,

I consider ordering O'Brien Baker 2012 but I am quizzed by the weird sizing chart they have. Sizing says: US 9-11 US 11-13. I wear exactly US 11 and I am in a serious doubt on which size I should chose. I am ordering from an online store and also live in EU, so a return will be costly.

Anybody have one of these, or any other O'Brien CT model? How do their sizes correspond to a normal shoe size? Which size do would you advise?

I would speculate that US 9-11 really means US 10 and US 11-13 really means US 12 so I have the choice to take bindings one size too small or one size too big... but which one is the lesser evil?

Thanks a lot for any info on the topic!!!
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-02-2013, 12:44 PM Reply   
It is O'Brien Seeker, not Baker, sorry about that.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-02-2013, 2:56 PM Reply   
the bigger size fits perfect at first, but stretches a bit over time, the smaller ones are really tight, but fit amazing over time.

i have an 11 foot and go smaller, but some of my friends like the bigger size. you can always wear socks if they are a tad loose

most comfortable boot on the market for sure
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-02-2013, 5:14 PM Reply   
I agree with JB, if you error on the smaller size, they fit REALLY tight in the beginning, but then break in really nicely after a few sets. I like my boots to fit really snug so I go with the smaller size.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-03-2013, 12:26 AM Reply   
no experience with the seeker boots, but I would agree also that the smaller size would be best.
most people choose the smaller size boot when they find themselves between the two sizes.

also consider that a normal street shoe will be worn looser than your wakeboard bindings.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-03-2013, 6:19 AM Reply   
FYI, Obrien switched their sizing chart a couple of years ago to fit like a street shoe size, so what you wear for street shoes is what you want for the wake boot size.
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-03-2013, 10:20 AM Reply   
Thanks a ton! I'll go for the smaller. I like 'em tight

Do they have a second lace option under the velcro strap like the 2013 model?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-03-2013, 11:04 AM Reply   
No, they don't. It's just a strong velcro strap. I'm not a fan of velcro but I never had any issues over the past 2 years with them (Vice CT & Seekers).
Old     (sled2die4)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-03-2013, 11:52 AM Reply   
I wear a size 10 and like a tight binding, last year I started the year off with a pair of the 2012 9-11 Seekers and I could barely get my feet into them, couldn't believe how tight they were over the top of my foot. I tried to break them in 3-4 rides but never could get them to loosen up. I also didn't like the velcro top (I like the new options they have for 2013). I exchanged them for the 2012 Nomads, size 11-13 (couldn't believe I was ordering this large of size), fit good and snug from the start and have loosened up a bit but still fit good, very comfy binding. I'd be interested in selling to upgrade to the 2013s if you're interested. $200 + shipping to EU
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-04-2013, 11:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sled2die4 View Post
I wear a size 10 and like a tight binding, last year I started the year off with a pair of the 2012 9-11 Seekers and I could barely get my feet into them, couldn't believe how tight they were over the top of my foot.
Thanks a lot Ryan! Were they tight on your toes or somewhere else?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-04-2013, 4:24 PM Reply   
I know you were probably asking Ryan Smith, but like him, my tightness was over the top of my forefoot and toes area. But they eventually broken in after about 6-8 sets. After that, I didn't have any problems. But at first, yes, they were extremely tight and thought that there was no way I was going to be able to get my foot in at all. One last piece of advice, they are easier to get into when the bindings are dry because of the inner material, so don't dunk them in the water before you put them on. (like the old style bindings)