Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-23-2009, 8:24 AM Reply   
Here is what is left to do (the light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger):

1) Replace port side ballast level sensor
2) Make another attempt at bringing back more fluff to the carpet
3) Re-install the interior panels and seats
4) Wait for the docks to get put back in so can settle the boat into its slip for the season.
5) Gas her up and let her run

maybes:
x) add sub
x2) ipod connector
x3) electrically actuated ballast supply valve

=======
once boat is in its slip, will focus on the trailer on rainy days

1) replace all brake pieces
2) add strap mounts to rear to better position tie down straps
3) line-x the trailer
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-23-2009, 8:39 AM Reply   
how much did you pay for the tower speaker set up? are you running 1 battery?
i own a 02 with 1 battery and I wanna add tower speakers, I guess I'll have to add another batt.
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-23-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
If you look up mid-thread you can see we are running a dual battery setup with a SurePower relay. I dont know if you need another battery but i like the added piece of mind
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-23-2009, 12:36 PM Reply   
That cover looks awesome for the stereo. Can I get one of those? I wish my project were as far along as yours.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-23-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
How about a shot of the finished batteries and SuprePower mounting location? Looks AWESOME!
Old     (jjgag60)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-23-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
On the cover for your stereo you mentioned you covered it with vinyl. What is the vinyl covering, metal? It looks to be about a 1/4 inch thick. After you covered it, what did you use to cut it out to install the deck?
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-23-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
The vinyl is covering a piece of ABS plastic. In the first pic you can see the bezel b4 it was wrapped and the opening was cut. It was a flat 1/4" thick piece cut to fit and sanded to round the edges. Jigsaw and dremel FTW. Secured everything by drilling holes all the way through, lined up with head units mounting holes and used screws, a 7" long 1" wide 1/8" thick strip of aluminum, washers and nuts to sandwich everything together. Its super solid!!!
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-23-2009, 2:46 PM Reply   
Good work. What kind of board racks are you going to get?
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-23-2009, 8:37 PM Reply   
actually mounted the board racks already, was able to pick up a set of mako racks. I like them because they have a quick release to pop them off when they sit on the slip.

Upload
Upload
Old     (dcdave56)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-03-2009, 12:36 PM Reply   
I wasn't a huge fan of the mako racks. They wear out in 3 seasons...
Old     (vr6mole)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-03-2009, 3:15 PM Reply   
What part was wearing out?

Did they see salt water?
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       04-03-2009, 4:14 PM Reply   
Hmm.. that's interesting, as I have three Mako racks and they're going on their 6th year. I have to take two of them on/off every time boat goes in the garage, as well. What part of yours wore out?

A mouse (or similar varmint) chewed through one of their bungees one winter, but Monster! was excellent enough to provide me with replacements. The racks themselves are still going strong.
Old     (e_puppy)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-03-2009, 5:39 PM Reply   
Awesome work so far. If and when you are looking to add ipod controls to the cmd4 unit I strongly recommend the ccaipod control unit. You can get for around fifty bucks and it gives you almost full controls. Great work. Can't wait to see more from this thread.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-04-2009, 2:01 PM Reply   
wow awesome work!

That boat is gonna be "good as new" literally!
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-05-2009, 7:24 PM Reply   
eric, do u know if the CCAIPOD works with the iphone 3g? I'm guessing it wont charge it but wonder if the controls work. Can you comment?
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-05-2009, 7:37 PM Reply   
Some were asking for more pics of how the headunit and bezel are mounted. Here is a picture of the front and rear with mounting bar:

Upload
Upload
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-05-2009, 7:45 PM Reply   
Here are pics of how we mounted the SurePower and amp fuse, Used the cutting board technique again, mounted a smaller one to the engine compartment brace and mounted Surepower and fuse.

Upload
Upload
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-05-2009, 8:06 PM Reply   
Well i'm on a roll here, so here is the trailer mod we did today. We added ratchet strap mounting eyes to prop guard portion of the trailer to keep her centered.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-05-2009, 8:12 PM Reply   
We also had a huge epiphany for the deat booster bolster. Matt said "I wonder if the center bow cushion would fit on top of the drivers seat. Funny thing it fits so well its like it was build purposely for that reason. Very stoked on this little gem of a find.

Upload
Upload
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-05-2009, 8:16 PM Reply   
And last but not least, we re-installed and tightened down all the interior panels. We are pretty much done and just in time, should be dropping her in the river soon.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-05-2009, 8:18 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       04-06-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
Looks AWESOME!! And great find on the 'booster' seat!! That sucker looks like it'll get you up pretty high -- for people who simply have to see OVER the windshield or peeps who are just plain short, we use our type IV flotation cushion.

Great work!
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-06-2009, 10:46 AM Reply   
good stuff buddy!!!
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-13-2009, 6:24 AM Reply   
Last weekend finished the last thing needed b4 getting her wet. Changed the impeller. People talk about not removing the pump/pulley, but was so easy to remove the entire assemble, disassemble, clean, reassemble, and put back in, that i dont know why you would try to work in the engine bay.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by liquiddiet on April 13, 2009)
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-24-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
First off, great work!

I'm doing a very similar install and I have a potentially dumb question. How the heck do you get the throttle lever off to remove the drivers side panel?
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-24-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
its very simple, just remove the screw on the pivot/neutral button, the underneath it a allen set screw, loosen and slide throttle off.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-24-2009, 11:51 AM Reply   
I agree totally on the changing of impellars. Sure mine is a DD but it was still much easier just to remove the whole thing. Took all of about 15-20 mins to get everything taken apart, replaced and put back together. I found that the first time a ran it until it warmed up it had a steady drip coming from the vents that you can see in your second pic. But I let it warm up and watched it and it doesnt do it anymore. I checked and everything was tight, I think it just had to get worked in just right. That boat is looking really good!
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-10-2011, 10:03 AM Reply   
man i am almost done with this exact thread. i did add a few upgrades since its now 2011, but i def used this thread as a model for my project. awesome job Ryan. ill post picks in the next week of mine