Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-11-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
After spending a week in Northern Wisconsin and Minnesota, I gotta say thanks to Cenex. They are a smaller chain of gas stations and they are the only ones who clearly label their pumps "No Ethanol." In fact, the station I stopped at in Duluth, MN specifically labeled the ethanol-free gas on the pump as great for collector cars, boats, etc.

Everyone else has weasel-like labels that say "may contain 10% ethanol."
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-12-2007, 6:24 AM Reply   
I'm from Minnesota and it was my understanding that it was a statewide law that all regular level octane unleaded has to have 10% ethanol. I'm very happy to hear that somebody realizes this sucks for recreational vehicles and high performance cars. Watch out too, because if Gov. Pawlenty gets his way, the law will be minimum 20% ethanol. The love for ethanol has led to more and more farmers growing corn for that reason, which is driving the price of feed and groceries for humans through the roof though.

There is a Spur station in Superior, WI that offers an 87 octane with ethanol and one without that is advertised on the sign. It's usually 5 cents higher without ethanol. Nice option.
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-12-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
I run ethanol-free premium in my boat. Where in Superior is the Spur and do you think they will have ethanol-free premium?

I've had nothing but trouble finding ethanol-free in Northern Wisconsin the past two years. Last year, I found it in Superior at Holiday on Hwy 53, but this year they didn't have it.

The Cenex in Duluth is brand new on Hwy 53 near the top of Miller Hill. They've got certificates of thanks from classic car clubs, etc. posted in the store. It's just nice to see a company that gets it and is proud to offer clearly marked ethanol-free gas.