Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old    live2wakeboard            12-30-2004, 3:36 PM Reply   
Waz up i just started about 4 months ago and i am nots very good yet. I can do ome surface tricks and i can go wake to wake but can't really do anything in the air but is the hyperlite roam a good board to get good air and smooth landings. I really just want a board that will help become a better rider.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-30-2004, 6:06 PM Reply   
Wow.
Couldn't be a worse board for you. Doesn't pop well, lands hard, and doesn't track. it is reserved for rails and riders that have very solid tech skills down.
It's more or less a board that is designed for about .23 percent of the wakeboard population but many many more will buy one.

Get an entry level board that will help you progress without beating you up.. i.e. CWB Sol, HO Motiive.
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-30-2004, 6:32 PM Reply   
I am glad someone said it before I did. What SoCal said was right on the mark. I would go with either of those suggestions you could also add:

PURE from CWB
STATE from Hyperlite

I am curious why the roam?
Old    live2wakeboard            12-30-2004, 8:33 PM Reply   
I sort of just picked the roam b/c it was one of hyperlites cheaper boards and i just wanted to do some research on it. Thanks u both for ur input it helps me make a better choice
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-31-2004, 9:45 AM Reply   
I'd recommend any beginner to intermediate board if you're worried about cost, but if you're willing to spend some more money and plan on doing the sport for awhile don't be afraid of the terms. Try and demo some boards, and talk to the people at your shops, ask them to break down a board into what it is so you have an understanding of what you're buying.
Old    live2wakeboard            12-31-2004, 10:48 AM Reply   
OH okay i am not really worried about the price cuz i get a price cut on hyperlite boards at the local shop
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-31-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
Live,

Also look at boards that fit your riding style or what you want to accomplish as a rider. I rode hyperlite for years and had a opportunity to ride the new transcend from CWB and realized that the transcend improved my riding cause it fit with the way I ride. I agree with Jeff that the only way that you can really find out what you like is to demo and then make a decision.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-31-2004, 11:52 AM Reply   
EVERYONE gets a price cut on Hyperlite at the local shop. If they won't give you one, go across the street to the next Hyperlite dealer...they will.
At least that's the case in So-Cal. A guy I work with went to four different shops a couple weeks ago and ended up getting a new 05 Premier for like $300. I had to get my Transcend from buywake for full pop.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-31-2004, 12:23 PM Reply   
Magellan, I could reccommend quite a few shops here that would get you a better deal on CWB than MSRP. These shops also promote local wakeboarding events. More Betterness knows one of 'em. Buywake promotes getting as much of your money as they can.

As for Hyperlite, not exactly everywhere. I know several shops that would like to have Hyperlite, but due to dealer territories, could not get HL.

As far as getting the good guy deals, best to frequent & promote the local shops. Pick a good dealer, and stick with them. They'll give you a deal. Better than driving all over town to save a couple of bucks. Also, go to the boat shows, great deals there.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-31-2004, 4:10 PM Reply   
I have a LF team 139 and I like it alot and I am not all that good. But the nice thing is when I get better I can remove the center fin and progress from there. Also if you are not worried about the latest newest setup you can get good deals on last years stuff.
Old    live2wakeboard            12-31-2004, 4:11 PM Reply   
Ya i get a price cut b/c i bought a boat from them and my family is really good friends with them. We buy EVERYTHING from them. Any ways i have sort of been thinking of the 05 Murray DNA do u all think that could be a good board to get me started on some really big air tricks. I am not afraid to go as big as i can unlike some of the other ppl i have rode with.
Old     (mpayette)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-01-2005, 11:34 AM Reply   
I have a Temet Bio 04 (same has Murray 05) and very satisfied.
More technical board if you want to hight and easy to ride switch.

I personaly love this board
Old    live2wakeboard            01-01-2005, 2:24 PM Reply   
Sweet thanks
Old    dingo_davey            01-05-2005, 11:28 AM Reply   
liquid force usually gives a little better discount to shops that buy alot of stuff. Therefor can hook you up better
Old    cheekydevil69            01-06-2005, 5:52 AM Reply   
wats the hype abt the HL 'State' board? seems like tts the only board frm the 05 range so far tt everyone's raving abt... wat abt the 3DS then? its the improved version of the TFD but seems like no one's using/liking it?!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-06-2005, 10:42 AM Reply   
The State is just a good all around board that works well for riders at any level. I rode it and, honestly wasn't all that impressed. I liked the pop of the Premier better, but I'll probably give the state another chance. Honestly, though, I really like the way Liquid Force boards feel. They feel a lot more lively on the water. I think its because of how light they are. I love the Substance.