Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-15-2011, 2:22 PM Reply   
My son got up on one of my buddies sons boards. I promised him his own board once he did that 3 or 4 times. Well its close to that time. Any suggestions or anyone have a set up they want to sell.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       09-15-2011, 3:19 PM Reply   
Liquid Force Nemesis. They come in 3 different sizes. I believe a 109,118, and a 120. I got the girl version (Star) for my 7 year old this past July. She loves it. They also come with bindings so you won't have to search for bindings that fit those little feet. Each of the boards is different. On the Liquid Force website there are videos describing the differences between the 3 boards. I believe it is in the amount of rocker and in the edges.

Good luck and post pics of the little ripper!!
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-15-2011, 6:17 PM Reply   
Buy him a 120 Ronix vision and let him grow into it.Big and stable while learning. Pull the fins in two years and it gets fast and loose. It weighs less than the 106 star and has incredible bindings.( I have both of these boards plus an old 119 Obrian) He will ride it for the next 50 lbs.

Oh, and let Santa give it to him!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-16-2011, 11:04 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep6pTlUTT0o

Kind of sold me on this. Serious thought into the board for kids.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-16-2011, 11:06 AM Reply   
Bait curious what did you pay for it?
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-16-2011, 1:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
Bait curious what did you pay for it?

Promise you wont tell my wife?
No really!
I think I paid just over 300 clams with tax and a couple free T shirts from Miami Nautique in Feb. 2010. It comes with bindings. His has different graphics. It was for his 9th B day.
He rides it finless I think just to keep his little brother and sister off of it!

If you go and actually look at one and hold in your hand I promise you will have to buy it for your son.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-16-2011, 2:18 PM Reply   
Thank god my wife does not know anything about wakeworld!! Its ok we are not rich have an 02 x star but if its something he can have for years I dont mind toooooo much spending the money. He also has a nice honda crf50. We just buy less crap that gets used for a month then trashed. He has a twin sister that seems to be getting interested so they both could use it.