Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Jack)      Join Date: May 2010       06-21-2010, 4:24 AM Reply   
Hy!
Any experiance with Gator Gonzalez 2009 board. I need a board really fast, and i can get this one pretty cheap. Im riding only cable, so anyone tried it on cabel yet? How is it for air tricks, how durable is it on obstacles?
Anyone know, does it have 7in or 8in spread on inserts?
Thanks a lot!
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       06-21-2010, 4:46 AM Reply   
i doubt that board is going to be good for the cable. 3-stage boards are usualy slow and have some hang ups. Not to say that no one rides that board on the cable, but I would got for a blended 3stage like the B-Side, or a continous board like the clash, marek, or even some of the LF boards. I would look at what a lot of the cable boys are riding and base your decision off of that. Demo some of those boards and then make a decision
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       06-21-2010, 4:46 AM Reply   
btw i have a bio marek 141 with byerly boots for 400 for sale if youre interested. all very slightly used.
Old     (Jack)      Join Date: May 2010       06-21-2010, 5:53 AM Reply   
I know, im not that fan of 3-stage either (had the premier but didnt like it). But gonzalez is progressive 3-stage (i think prosgressive 3-stage is like blended 3-stage), i think LF witness is also progressive 3-stage, and i really loved the witness grind. The thing is, i broke the witness 3 weeks ago, and now i just broke another board. So i really dont have the money to pay for a new expensive board, and the 2009 gators are really chep. I would go for the gator prospect 141, but it has 8in spred (my binding are 6in), that means i cant get the widest stance even with lock kit (im pretty tall, so i really like wide stance).
Thanks for the offer, but i just need the board, and im from europ, so i think the shipping would be too expensive
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       06-21-2010, 7:16 AM Reply   
look at the gator militant....ive seen alot of people riding that board, and search the web for some deals on like the 09 ps3, or slingshots. Almost all of them are super fast
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-21-2010, 8:01 AM Reply   
i highly recomend the gonzalez boards for riding the cable, They are in fact a hybrid of the 3stage rocker, i have been riding my 2006 142 gonzalez on the cable forever (4 years) and it is the most durable board i have seen. I just rode twice this weekend at tsr and always hit the kickers and rails (i weigh 220). Anywho its a long lasting board that doesnt ride slow.