Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-18-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
Super excited to show everybody the some sneak peaks of the the all new MasterCraft BIG display. You can check out some pictures and some of other info about the 2010 boats at MasterCraftBlog.com

The X-Star is the top and the rest of the X-Series boats will be configured like the bottom.

This thing is crazy. From what we have heard its going to be AWESOME!

John
Waterskis.com
john@waterskis.com

(Message edited by mnwakerider on June 18, 2009)
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-18-2009, 3:08 PM Reply   
Yeah that is sweet....the new feature will be called "mastervue"

(Message edited by Murphy_Smith on June 18, 2009)
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-18-2009, 3:17 PM Reply   
DAYUUMMNNN!!!

Guess I'd expect that out of a $110K boat.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-18-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
John - I agree! FYI It will be stock on all X-2 X-14 X-15 X-30 X-35 X-55 as pictured at the bottom of the post.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-18-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
I am a MC guy but that is a straight knock off from Bu. Although I do like it more than my little screen on my x2.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-18-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
I don't really understand how it is a knock off from Malibu. Sure they have it in there new boats but it's not to much different then any Nav/info screen in any new vehicle that rolls of the line...they all have them but nobody says they are knock offs of each other.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-18-2009, 4:07 PM Reply   
MC's original digital display debuted 2 years ago so this is more an evolution of their own technology.

Get ready, I've heard at least one other company will be getting a digital display this year.
Old     (wackbag)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-18-2009, 4:11 PM Reply   
Nautique already introduced one earlier this year and it is also similiar looking to the Malibu version.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-18-2009, 7:21 PM Reply   
So For next year we'll have,

Masterview, Tigeview, and we already have Maliview and whatever the hell CC calls there...lol.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-18-2009, 7:38 PM Reply   
Centurian has a system too.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-18-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
Some lead and some follow.
Old     (nschimm)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-18-2009, 8:25 PM Reply   
Looks like bu leads!
Old     (cameronb)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-18-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
what are these screens yall talk of, capable of doing?

without a full understanding.. they seem like just one more thing to maintain/be worried about then eventually have problems.
we do just fine on the weekends without one of these, id rather spend more money on gas/audio/board setup/hookers.

i agree with John! what else could you expect when spending upwards of 100k on a BOAT!
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-18-2009, 8:36 PM Reply   
Ignorant,one hundred percent worthless electronic crap that manufactures install to stick it to you a little more.Bend over and get the lube out because that is going to run the cost up on all the mastercraft boats even more than they already are.
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-18-2009, 9:39 PM Reply   
im read to buy it.
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-18-2009, 9:41 PM Reply   
kinda matches the one on my BMW x-5.
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-18-2009, 9:54 PM Reply   
It looks like that dash would be obstructing your view with it's big bulky body. I personally favor the dashes on the CC's because they are low and very stylish.

On the other hand, maybe the pointed top of the console would help the driver with straight-line tracking. That would be great if it worked like that.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-18-2009, 9:56 PM Reply   
Copying what? Oh yeah, they just made their current digital screen bigger, but no, MC is unoriginal and copying malibu.... Anyways, like others have said, this is just one more thing to break down and cost 5k in repairs 8+ years down the line, I will stick to my analog gauges please.
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-18-2009, 10:19 PM Reply   
These are all based on technology that Mercury marine came out with back in 2003 for the Smartcraft engine systems. It is called Vessel View and allows you to monitor every thing on the engine and almost every thing in the boat with just one screen. The system also allows you to monitor multiple engines on one screen. Unit has full GPS. Combines like 50 gauges into one.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-18-2009, 10:22 PM Reply   
looks cool but way too bold for my taste.
Old     (hdchapman)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-18-2009, 10:53 PM Reply   
Mastervue? Murph, that is hilarious!
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-19-2009, 12:47 AM Reply   
Everybody follows everybody... it's called competition.

Mastercraft followed Malibu who followed Lexus

One day I suspect we will say that everybody followed Calabria (weren't they first with pure vert).

Who cares?

Also, count me as somebody who doesn't see the purpose of a dash screen in a boat... it's just another flashy piece of bling. And this is coming from a guy who has factory nav screens in both cars.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-19-2009, 6:53 AM Reply   
Corey King is correct. Matercraft's V-dig system came out one year previous to the Malivue. This is an evolution of the technology. It is not a surprise that all of the systems resemble each other in some way or another as they are all made by the same company-Medalion. Also how different can dash mounted led screens be. I really like the look of this and give kudos to mc!
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-19-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
Great idea, but I am not sure about the dash on the Mastercraft. Little to busy and obnoxious for me.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-19-2009, 7:58 AM Reply   
Everyone takes an idea from a company the first tower was By CC so i guess everyother boat company "copied" that and so i guess all of the other companys with pickle forks "copied" MC... WHO CARE its only pushing the sport in the correct direction
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-19-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
kinda reminds me of an old stand up style video game. where do you put your quarter in? haha
Old    shooter_08            06-19-2009, 8:08 AM Reply   
In times when the majority wants a quality affordable boat, the manufactures continue to add crap like this (I dont think they get it). I don’t need onboard computers, led lights everywhere, upgraded stereo systems (I can add that later), billet everything & 20's on my trailer. Give me a quality clean (simple) looking boat that puts out a good wake at a price that I can afford.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-19-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
When companies start creating "apps" for these screens it will begin to get REAL interesting! OR if any of the manufacturers are reading/listening!

I personally would like to see a customized setting showing the bow/stern level indicator (showing at what angle the boat is planing at) along with settings to setup what your "ideal" planing degrees are and an allowable "cushion" which would be a +/- 2.5 degrees etc.

I would like to see the same with side to side weighting showing at what level the boat is planing between starboard and port indicating to the driver if weight needs to be moved. Again with customizable presets for consistency.

They could also program this into the ballast system allowing the driver to push a button that automatically adjusts through the ballast system if something is out of adjustment. This would allow you to turn it on and off for DU's etc. The side to side would also be a great indicator for those who cannot drive a straight line.

Engineers...think of the Wii ski jump game with the crosshairs!

Those would be some cool features making it a little bit more enticing IMHO.

(Message edited by liquidmx on June 19, 2009)
Old     (towboat_222)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-19-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
I feel a giant I phone in the works. Take everything with you everywhere you go. Apps dont forget the apps
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-19-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
M-Dizzle....

you just added 45,000.00 to the already million dollar x star... lol. I'm sure someone has the money to buy it though.... not this guy :-(
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-19-2009, 10:34 AM Reply   
Pure Vert is owned by Mike Murphy. So all the boats that use that type of system are paying a little towards Mike's retirement. Sorta like copying I guess. Or sorta like every manufacturer going with a good, simple system & paying a royalty to do it. Word is that Calabria may not be able to use it for much longer too.

I have to agree that these video systems are a little much. I'd rather see a more simple boat come out with more business & less bling.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-19-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
That dash is getting higher and higher my 5'2" can barely see over our 2002 X star dash. Eventually it will be a 22" screen that you drive down the lake river etc with instead of actually looking through a windshield. Technology might be getting toooooo crazy for my old asss.
Old     (wackbag)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-19-2009, 11:56 AM Reply   
While I think its kinda neat.... I wouldnt get the screen in a Malibu or Nautique, I would assume Mastercraft is also making this an option.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-19-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
The thing I like about the screens.... if they are capable of it.... is being able to hook in a GPS w/ a chart plotter. I'm sure most these have an input of some kind.

Being on a large body of water, especially at night can be very confusing! Even worse if it's a new body of water. Ever try navigating LOTO, Texoma, or Eufaula at night?.... NOT EASY!!!!

Sure you can take a hand held and break it out at your cruising.... but it's so much easier to have it right in front of you.
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-19-2009, 12:55 PM Reply   
Guess I'm just a simple man that prefers simple thing that work all the time(guess that why we drive a Sanger). Our experience with fancy electronics and boats is that they eventually fail and are either impossible to get or to expensive to replace later ie;(MEMS) malibu electronic monitoring system circa 1994
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-19-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
Nice but just one more thing to go wrong! How much more can they cram into a dash? It used to be all about the basics (gauges) but now it's like an amusement park with a steering wheel! Lately I have seen too many boat drivers doing everything but driving and paying attention to what's going on around them.
Nice option for someone who must have everything they can possibly get on a boat, I'm just not too crazy about it.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-19-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
I am with Gary and JJ...I think they are just putting way too much electronic crap in our boats. Does that screen make my wake bigger? If so, I am in...if not I think it is an extra cost that isn't worth it. Just my 2 cents.
Old     (jaysus)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-19-2009, 3:13 PM Reply   
Tanner-

The new MC screen does have an optional chartplotter/gps and you select which regional chip to have installed at time of order. Also has a DVR and tower mounted camera on the nylon swivel that follows the line/rider through the wake. May not even need a tower mirror:-) The main screen has all of the fields you had on the VDIG plus shows the digital depth/bottom and I believe ballast settings at the same time. All data can be transferred from boat to boat using a thumb drive.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2009, 3:17 PM Reply   
What would be kind of cool would be like a 50 or 100 pound weight on some sort of track that runs from port to starboard side beneath the deck of the boat. Then instead of asking people to move over 6 inches to the left to correct the wake wash, the driver could just slide the 'internal weight' to one side or another slightly via a toggle on the dash.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-19-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
icky, been there done that. I love simple guages and electronics as I'm always replacing suff on the two boats. Simple is best. I don't see what this dispaly has to offer. What happens in five years when it fails...big hole in the dash your stuffing something into.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-20-2009, 6:43 AM Reply   
Mastercraft can buy this stuff from Medallion just as well as Malibu, it's not like they invented it.

http://www.medallionis.com/
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-20-2009, 6:04 PM Reply   
Yep.... all traced back to one source.

Medallion Viper system